Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Major League Baseball Thread. 2003 Season Edition

1. How about those Expos! They've beaten the Braves twice in a row. They seem to get better every year. Guerrero, Video, Cabrera, Vasquez, Armas Jr....etc.. not too shabby a team there.
    Too bad they unloaded Colon, though. He's really good.

2. the year of the Dodgers.. This year the Dodgers finally comeback, and win it all... Nomo, perez, brown, gagne... This year its all Dodgers.. baby..

3. Originally posted by Calliander
    Too bad they unloaded Colon, though. He's really good.
    Yea..I agree. Its too bad no one bought the Expos. As long as MLB owns them they wont sign anyone. If they are competitive and can find a new place to play then it could entice someone to buy the team and put a good free agent or two there. Well.. an owner that gives a damn anyways.

4. I think the Jays are still a year and a pitcher away from contending for the wild card, but there's no question Ken Huckaby has the best atomic knee drop in the majors. See you in may, Jeter!

Originally posted by Brisco Bold
    Them Expos on the other hand... woo-boy! They will win the pennant this year. I'm sure. I'll eat my keyboard if I'm wrong.
    Playing half their home games in Puerto Rico, and with less pitching than last year? No way. Start cooking that keyboard up now.
    -Kyo

5. Ahh, baseball season. My favorite 9 months of the year!

What a wonderful way to start the year. Pedro is looking ace and Jeter(the most overated player in baseball) is on the bench where he should be.

I'm happy as long as the Yankees don't win the series, but I'd kill for a Giants-Red Sox series.

6. Nos Amours....

I used to love baseball... but the league is a completely detestable farce nowadays. I've lost nearly all interests now. ESPN Classic Canada has been showing some old games from the 80s and 70s the past few weeks though.... and it made me rather sad remembering the time before the suckage started. They ruined a good thing. Ah well..

*look out the window at Olympic Stadium*

I'll still probably go to a few Expos games this year. I really like the players they have.... and I'll hope the RICO lawsuit over Loria/Selig/MLB criminals turns out for the best (even if the sport is total bullshit now). I grew up as a huge Mets fan.... but I don't care about them, I can't enjoy a "big market team"....my interest will die 100% forever if Nos Amours are finally unjustly and illegally killed.

7. Originally posted by raystorm
    How about those Expos! They've beaten the Braves twice in a row.
    Atlanta's dynasty is over. I'll be very surprised if they make the playoffs.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

8. 'Stros are 2 - 0

They came out swingin this year. Maybe Bags will stop mopeing about and start playing like I know he can.

He's already got 3 homers too ^_^
    o_O

9. It's all about the Minnesota Twins this year! If you want your ass kicked just come to Minnesota, oh and we come to you as well to kick your ass.
    Barf! Barf! Barf!

10. And once again the Braves will end up disappointing me.

I expect a terrible season for them.