Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 Years Later... Tyson's Mine

1. 15 Years Later... Tyson's Mine

I gave up on trying to defeat Tyson back in the day out of pure frustration. However, about a half hour ago I finally exercised some demons of my gaming past and TKO'ed the bastard.
    Better late than never, right...?

2. Now put the ROM away and play it on your NES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Never mess with ROM's...

It was on the NES.

Word!

4. Hell yeah! I whipped his ass again not too long ago. Still a fucking great game.

5. Did something similar, it took me 10 years to beat the last boss in Wonder Boy in Monster World. He was too much for me as a kid, but I verilly did I smite the demon as a man.

And come to think of it, I don't remember if I ever did beat Tyson. I probably did using a rom, but I don't remember. I do remember having to get a skin graft after his devistating barrage of combos tore the flesh from my face.

6. I used to be able to win Tyson's Punchout starting from Glass Joe through Tyson without getting punched once.... Damn I played that alot when I was a kid. Tyson beat me recently, but I did make it to the third round. I bet if I threw 2 hours at the task I'd own his ass again.

As for my personal past gaming deamons, I still haven't beaten Super Mario Brothers, and I owned it on launch day in the 80's.

7. Good job, OP. I never did conquer Tyson. In fact, I only beat Mr. Sandman once. I guess I'm a Punch-Out!! underachiever.

If you gave me Punch-Out!! right now, there's a 95% chance of me getting to Tyson (Mr. Sandman gets lucky sometimes).

Once there, I'd say it's 70% in my favor... just get past the first 1:30 and you're good.

What a great game... as soon as I get it in Animal Crossing, I'm going through it again.

Congratulations, warnpro! My appellations technical monkey.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

Originally posted by Chibi Nappa
    As for my personal past gaming deamons, I still haven't beaten Super Mario Brothers, and I owned it on launch day in the 80's.
    We play Super Mario Bros. every time we have band practice.

We've gotten it down to where we can beat the game without dying in, like, five mins.

10. I have a friend of mine who can sit down and play straight through Super Punchout without losing a match, even the special circuits. He mastered it back in the SNES days, and to this day you put the game in and give him a controller and he'll still fly right through it.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.