Thread: A place you'd never think of buying used games at.

1. A place you'd never think of buying used games at.

I like to go to Half Price Books from time to time, to check out what used gaming guides they have in stock. I was looking in the computer section and they had Lunar:SS, Dark Wizard and Robo Alesta (Sega CD games.)for $5.95 each. I'm hoping those games will still be there in a day or 2, as I'll more than likely pick them up. I did'nt have the cash that day.

Besides Goodwill, what kinds of stores like HPB have you found games in, that you would never think would be in a store like this?

Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize Half price books were in other areas of the Country, the book selection was pretty poor and they pay pennies for your stuff.

Yeah Goodwill is the place, I check a few different ones on a weekly basis.

Sometimes Grocery stores believe it or not will sell some hard to find game.

Snyders a local drugstore has games behind the counter, saw a Top Shop there.

Garage Sales too.

Also CD shops will get games in from time to time.

3. I used to shop there a lot in Houston when I'd visit my dad. Great store and now they sell games? Damn that's cool.

4. Garage sales are good for the odd "killer" game.
    It's all about the New York Islanders!!!

5. Originally posted by Melf
    I used to shop there a lot in Houston when I'd visit my dad. Great store and now they sell games? Damn that's cool.

What I can't believe, is that some fool sold those games for probably $.50!

6. Whoa, and you're in Dallas, man? Awesome, hope you score 'em before their gone. If I still lived in Big D, I might've beaten you to the punch

I occasionally would check HPB, but since they don't have them out here in Vegas, I'm relegated to just swinging by the occasional Goodwill store. I should frequent garage sales more often, though.

And Shinobi will probably vouch that flea markets are the place to be to find excellent deals on stuff
    omg TNL epics!

7. There are two of them in my area and they have crap selection for games/software.

Never hurts to check.

8. Originally posted by Ragnarok the Red
    Whoa, and you're in Dallas, man? Awesome, hope you score 'em before their gone. If I still lived in Big D, I might've beaten you to the punch

I occasionally would check HPB, but since they don't have them out here in Vegas, I'm relegated to just swinging by the occasional Goodwill store. I should frequent garage sales more often, though.

And Shinobi will probably vouch that flea markets are the place to be to find excellent deals on stuff

Yeah, they have a Half Price Books on just about every corner here. I like to stop by at least every other week, to see if any of the stores have something (Gaming) unique. I went back to that store today (Arlington) and picked up Lunar and Dark Wizard. Both games are in mint condition. The manuals are just like new, with the warranty cards attached. The cases have a few scuffs, but no cracks to speak of.

If anyone lives in the DFW area and has a need for a few Sega CD titles, I'd check out the 183 and Beltline location. They have about 20 Sega CD titles to choose from. Only about 6 left, that have the cases and manual complete (Ecco CD included). The ones without the original cases or manual are only $1.98.

Speaking of Flea Markets, I have'nt been to one in about 6 years. They have a huge one in Grand Prarie, Texas. Most of the gaming stuff there, was old Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800 cartridges. They had an occasional Colecovision, but for the most part, anything current was over priced. I did manage to buy a copy of Qix (Complete) for the Atari Lynx. I got it home, only to find out the piece of shit does'nt work. I still have it sitting in the factory box, hoping one day to find a loose Qix cart for sale.