Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1323252627

Thread: Otakon 2k3

1. Forgot to post the best news I've ever heard at the con...
    Here's a conversation between me and a guy working at the AnimeNation booth:
    Me: Is there any truth to the rumor of you guys getting Jungle Guu?
    Him: *pause* (Something similar to:) We don't know yet.
    Me: Ah. Man, I know it's just me, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys pick it up.
    Him: Me too.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    That poor janitor was having a rough weekend. Midday on Friday, some geek left a HORRIBLE mess in the restroom there. Quite possibly the worst bathroom disaster the entire city had seen in awhile...
    Scat-tastic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Click_Stick
    Oh, and the CD guys in the corner had way too many good OSTs.
    they usually have better stuff than they did this year. i'v always been able to find something cool to buy from them or something i've been looking for for a long time but i didn't this year. still love those guys though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerodash
    That poor janitor was having a rough weekend. Quite possibly the worst bathroom disaster the entire city had seen in awhile...
    I doubt that...

5. I hung out with ChaoofNee for a little while. He was cool, plus he carried some of the horrible massive toy robot haul I brought in. And about that Ingrid toy: If I had some more cheap-toy shelf space I would have gone for one. It's such an anomaly.

As for the showings.... were all the old anime they were showing actually subbed I would have probably ended up spending my entire weekend in video room 6. As it was the list of programming in the schedule was just a vicious tease. CYBORG 009 MOVIES. ONLY RANDOM PUNCTUATION CAN EXPRESS MY RAGE.

I watched:
    -Kamen Rider Black (BATTLE HOPPER!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!)
    -Mazinger Z final eps
    -some Otaku No Video

I really wanted to watch Wild Zero and Ichi the Killer but the Guilty Gear tourney (third place, son) and a party elsewhere stopped me, respectively.

Mostly I hung out in the dealer's room and the game room PLAYING AN AES OH MY GOD.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional

6. Just as a late note, I think the RPG World guy summed the con up the best:
    http://www.rpgworldcomic.com/iancomix/d/20030813.html
    Hell, now I REALLY wish I took a picture of the REZ guy...

7. I saw the Rez dude, I was like Holy shit, it's the guy from Rez! I might have been the only one that noticed him, because he looked really happy when I shouted it out. Burgundy proceeded to yell "Area 5!!!"

I never saw the Rez guy...

9. I saw the Rez guy and didn't know who the hell he was. I suck so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-K
    I saw the Rez guy and didn't know who the hell he was. I suck so much.
    n00b!