Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: So what's next?

1. So what's next?

Not that I have any real craving to buy or play anything new with all these games on my playlist, but so far I'm wondering now that the big guns are out what are the next big or small titles people are anticipating?

For me its:

Ports

Wolverine X2 - As some of you would know I love almost anything comic related, especially with good ol' Wolverine and I'm hearing good things about this one. I just want to finally kick some ass using all his abilities in something other than MVC2. Plus it has alot of cool bonuses and such from the movie and alternate costumes for Wolvy.

The Hulk- Another superhero game that finally lets me play the gamma powered Hulk! I'm going to have much fun just destroying shit ala War Of the Monsters plus the graphics look pretty nice even if its cel shaded.

NBA Street Volume 2- I loved playing my friend in the first one. It's such a damn fun game and it's even better than my other fave sim basketball game NBA Hangtime(gotta love the create a player in that game). They added so much stuff that it looks to blow away the last game out of the water. I also like that Adam Pollina(former X-Force and current Big Daddy Danger comic book artist) is drawing the characters in the game art, he's uncredited from what I've seen but you can just tell it's his style.

The Matrix games- I have a feeling it will be just an average game to us gamers who've played that type of action already with games like Devil May Cry 1 and 2, Dead to Rights, Max Payne and others.

BUT the license is what really makes it stand out seeing how alot of the games were inspired by the awesome Matrix movie actionwise and even blatantly ripping off the bullet time technique we are seeing nowadays in games. I'm sure it will have cool extras from the movie like the footage they shot that takes place between parts of the film in which you play as well. Gameplay wise from what I've seen it will have nice movie'like gun fights mixed with killer combos and moves. The car chase scenes should be cool as well I'm just hoping Shiny really polishes this game up for release.

Midnight Club 2- I haven't played the first but this one looks like it will kick its ass. The online racing should be pretty swank as well.

X-Men Legends- Finally a RPG with X-men which is how it really should be aside from the fighters. Can't wait to play all my favorite X-men with all the RPG elements added in for some real team play.

Soul Calibur 2- You all know the deal. Link, Spawn and Heihachi along with the new guys as well as improved graphics and play. Should be fun stuff.

Splashdown 2- Again never played the first but the water effects look pretty crazy. Also the environments are more cartoony and are less barren seemingly. I'll definitely be willing to play another jet ski game after one of my favorite racers ever Waverace Blue Storm(I know there are mixed views on it but I don't care).

Driver 3- Never played any of the games but this might turn out good. I'll probably rent this.

XGRA(otherwise known as Extreme Gravity Racing Association a.k.a Extreme G 4)- I thought Extreme G3 kicked much ass, even more than Wipeout Fusion suprisingly so I'm amped for this one. The graphics already look great from the initial screens, looks all dark and gritty.

PS2 Exclusives

Syphon Filter Omega Strain- Create a player + Splinter Cell? Looks that way. It might surprise me though, me and Regus were talking about it in the chat and it has cameos from Gabe and such.

Jak 2- I still have to pick up Jak and Daxter since its a greatist hits title now but this one looks really dope. Although I must say it looks way more Ratchet and Clank gameplay wise with the robots and guns. Jak does look way cooler though and the graphics look keen. The new GI has a nice feature on the gameplay stuff the designers are adding to this and they are being more ambitious, hoping to reach Mario 64 standards but we'll have to see about that.

Red Dead Revolver- Its been a while since I've heard about this game but I'm still excited about this slick looking western action shooter.

Unlimited Saga- Previews say it's not looking that great but it might be interesting. The graphics look pretty sweet as far as visuals go, really nice and high res smooth looking.

Chaos Legion- Looks like DMC'ish Ogre Battle/Dynasty Warriors hybrid but with the Capcom style.

Silent Hill 3- Never played a Silent Hill game either *gasp!* but I might start out with this. Looks like it will retain all the creepy gory sacks of blood and flesh as the others. The premise sounds good as well.

Onimusha 3 & Onimusha Buraiden- Lots of Onimusha love going on. I played some of the first on PS2 it was a nice mix of RE and DMC still having it's own style of a creepy fuedal setting. Reminded me of Ninja Scroll.

Cy Girls- There is only a bit of info on this but it looks like a MGS styled Charlie's Angel game. Looks nice graphics wise too.

Gamecube Exclusives

Ultimate Muscle- Should be a very fun wrestler, Def Jam might satiate me until then.

F-Zero GC- Looks to be the best racer ever from the looks of it. Can't wait to play it, I loved F-Zero on SNES as well as F-Zero X.

1080 Avalanche- I'm still iffy on this, it doesn't seem to be even looking as good as SSX Tricky but the snow effects look great. It also seems to be one on one racing which isn't really that exciting based on the first game's play. I only hope it's even half as good as Blue Storm.

Megaman Network Transmissions- The GBA games are really cool and I dug their style and innovation(even if tha gem got totally slow in the LAN parts). This hybrid of the MMX/Classic gameplay with the slick MMBN look should kick ass on all fronts.

Wario World- A colorful beat'em up using one of the coolest Mario universe additions will kick ass. Especially with that Nintendo magic.

Lost Kingdoms 2- I can nab the first one for 20 bucks so I'll check that out before this. I hear it's decent so 20 can't be bad for it.

Tube Slider- Might be a F-Zero contender from the looks of it. Oh and please change the name Nintendo, or it will be mocked forevar!

The Capcom 5- Viewtiful Joe looks great, P.N.03 I'm having some worries about since some people say it isn't as good as it should have been but I'll try it out. Dead Phoenix should be a nice shooter/action game, Killer 7 looks like a Cowboy Bebop/Gungrave and a mix of other stylish stuff in there. Wonder how the hell it will play with a paralyzed protagonist RE4 is my most anticipated because I really want to see what kind of stuff they changed and if they amped up Leon as rumored with the shadow creatures.

That's all I can come up with for now so I guess we do have some good stuff to look forward to as well as the more far off obvious sequels to the popular games. Feel free to add whatever in the rest I didn't list like GBA, X-Box PC whatever.

*phew*

2. Don't forget about the upcoming GBA Player for GC.

3. I cant think that far ahead but heres what I will most likely get.

Xbox- Wolfenstein, Brute Force, PSO , NBA Street v2, Midnight Club 2(only if online works out well), Knights of the Old Republic

Cube- Ikaruga, Viewtiful Joe, F-Zero

Ps2- uhhhhhhh someone help me out.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Yeah I forgot to add Ikaruga, I'm going to have some fun with that one.

5. Nice write up of upcoming games will

Ton of PS2 games that I'm looking forward to.

Chaos Legion is my #1 anticipated game, with its mix of DMC action and Dynasty Warriors melee action, it looks like a kick ass game.

Red Dead Revolver a cool looking western adventure.

Offcourse Silent Hill 3 which promises to be a scarriest one yet.

Onimusha 3 and fighting one. I love Oni games, and Jean Reno is awesome addition

Syphon Filter Omega Strain looks a pretty cool action title, with some cool online play.

RE Online - RE returns to PS2, and while doesnt look as good as Cube games, it looks like a very solid and fun adventure. Sign me in

The Lost - Another horror/action/adventure game, thats been in the works for quite a while, but looks very intriguing.

Tomb Raider AD - Multiple delays plague this game, but I still have faith in it. It look great, and I love the style and setting.

6. Golden Sun 2 (GBA) - Definitely. I've been waiting for this game ever since finishing the first one so long ago. I think it's the only game in the immediate future that's a must have for me.

Brute Force (Xbox) - Maybe. It looks really, really interesting, but I want to wait for the verdict before I start frothing at the mouth.

Wario World (GC) - Maybe. SMS didn't do it for me, so I'd like to have another Nintendo platformer to play around with.

There doesn't seem to be too much coming out that I'm interested in between now and sometime in June. Maybe this will give me the time I need to finish up a few great games I got for Xmas.

7. Cool list Will, but I think that's Syphon Filter 3.

8. for me, not much, i am trying to conserve so its
    1. morrowind-blood moon(may 15th, maybe a birthday gift?)
    2. soul calibur gc(yeah, i know, but its link for me)
    3. deus ex 2(x-box) sounds right up my alley
    4. wario (maybe)
    and finally pso (x-box)ill give it a shot, but i really just want to hear some freaky tnl'ers voices )
    und dots about about it. i want to go throough link again, maybe the second quest i hear tell of.
    edit, for 2005 i also understand that fable will be the game to beat..until it gets delayed to december 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. Originally posted by gamevet
    Cool list Will, but I think that's Syphon Filter 3.
    Oops! Fixed. Thanks for the compliments on the list I had to dig up quite a few.

And yeah Despair I almost forgot about The Lost. I was looking forward to it when it was announced, it has an interesting story. It looks like a mix of Devil May Cry and Jacob's Ladder, hopefully it will be a good game.

10. I just read a sweet preview of Wolfenstein for Xbox on ign. OMG! This game is going to fucking rule. I really cant wait for this game now. The online sounds like its set up very well. Sounds like this will be the best console online game even. Looks like PSO for 3 weeks then on to Wolfenstein. BOO YEAH!

The PC game was cool but having to punch commands calling for medics just isnt as cool as screaming "MEDIC!!!! I NEED A FUCKING MEDIC! OHH MY GOD IT HURTS!!!!! SOMEONE HELP ME!! WHY GOD WHY?!!!!"

Or instead of the boring "I need ammo" saying in the PC game you can scream " GIMME SOME GODDAMN AMMO!!! I RAN OUT KILLING THESE FUCKING NAZI CHUMPS!!"
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle