Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Yu-Hakasho and DragonBallz

1. Yu-Yu-Hakasho and DragonBallz

Ok when I first saw a fight in Yu-Yu-Hakasho (Forgive if that is spelled incorrectly) I was reminded of DragonballZ. While DragonBallZ is my first anime, I hate it now with a passion, because 2 out of 3 episodes is charging up with a facial expression resembling that of a person who is constapated. But the fights in DragonBallZ were always good except for the charging up, it's the only reason I could find to watch it. So when I first say Yu-Yu, the thought in my head was "Wow It's DragonBallZ with perfection". Overall it has a much better plot, though still not great, the fights are shorter but just as good, and the cast of characters just are so much better. So really all I can say is, anyone who loves DragonBallZ, would probably like Yu-Yu-Hakasho, and if your a fanboy, maybe even cure your illness.

So does anyone agree with me, or am I just messed up mentally?

2. I call it Dragonball Z without all the bullshit. They get straight to the point, which is something I used to scream for when watching DBZ. If you like the fights now, wait until you see the later episodes, like 52, 65, or 110 and 111.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

3. Yeah Yu Yu is pretty good, but lately I've been into the Slayers series on the International Channel, they are in the 3rd part of the Slayers series right now, Gourry is cool

4. Yeah, I like Yu-Yu Hakasho a lot better than DBZ. Mostly because it doesn't use a technique that I like to call 'Frame Recycling,' showing the same bit of animation, during a fight, over and over and over. DBZ just takes to long to build up to the fight you wanted to see in the first place, then when it happens...it isn't that good. And Yu-Yu Hakasho has a nice since of humor every now and then.
    Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude...

5. Woohoo, I'm not exactly crazy. Exactly as Lord said, It's DBZ without the bullshit.

6. I noticed the similarities too when I watched one ep of Yu Yu. I'll get to watching it once I finish with DBZ. I do like the art style of the Dragon Ball universe better than Yu Yu's though.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. I noticed the similarities too when I watched one ep of Yu Yu. I'll get to watching it once I finish with DBZ. I do like the art style of the Dragon Ball universe better than Yu Yu's though.
    since Yu-Yu-Hakasho is much older than DBZ, I almost agree, but I think the character design for Yu Yu kicks the crap out of DBZ.

Oh, anybody able to tell me what happened today on Yu-Yu-Hakasho? (I was at work and missed it) and while your at it, could you tell me what happened on Kenshin?

8. I did notice the similarities between DBZ and Yu Yu but like you all I like it better. It just looks and feels more hip and the fights and challenges Yusuke and crew face seem more cool.

I even see a slight parallel between Yuske/Hiei and Goku/Vegeta although you can do a Kuwabara/Yuske grouping too.

Anyways to answer your question Thief, the Toguru brothers he fought and supposedly killed came back and faked his death. He then invites them to another tournament to get another shot as Yusuke and pals. Before that though young Toguru showed Yusuke his unrevealed powers and scares the shit out of him. Yusuke, Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama train harder than before including Yusuke's master lady from before who joins the tournament.

9. the newer YU YU were Yuske moves all fast looks alot like DBZ.. I guess I see were you're comming from...

10. I though the movie had some of the best fights ever in the series. Especially that last fight, infact I'd go so far as to say that the Yuu Yuu movie was the best series movie in the history of anime.