Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Rent-A-Hero No. 1

1. Have any screens of the Xbox version been released yet? I'm wondering if it's gotten any graphical upgrades, and still hoping that the Creamcast is intact.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

2. I read a preview and it look super interesting, I love wierd games like this...

3. Is this game a rerelease of the Mega Drive version? From what I understand,

MD<DC<Xbox,

but they're all the same game, right?

4. Well, from what I read from a GameFAQs walkthrough, it's got some segments/jobs from the MD game in it, recreated if you will. And it also has screens of the MD version of it in the background of the title screen. The MD game was 2D, while the DC (and I presume) the Xbox versions are in 3D. I'd love to see the MD version of the game included on the Xbox version, it's not like it would hurt or anything. Or take up any room, for that matter.

I did some digging on GameFAQs, and here's what I've gathered so far.

Xbox/DC- same basic game (barring any visual upgrades)
    MD/PC- different game than Xbox/DC game, some things are used in Xbox/DC game
    Also, the titles are:
    Rent-a-Hero No. 1- Xbox/DC game
    Rent-a-Hero- MD/PC game
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

5. uh.. guys... rent a hero on DC wasn't such a good game..

i have no idea why they're bringing it out here... oh yea, it's published by sega, isn't it? they have no idea either.. ah well.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

6. to hell with all you neighsayers, I've played and like the DC version tough it is difficult to get far without Jap skills. The huge Godzilla costume thing was hilarious.

7. John, it's not being published by Sega in the U.S., it's being published by AIA. Thanks for more positive input Shine, it makes me that much more excited about the game.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Originally posted by ShineAqua
    to hell with all you neighsayers, I've played and like the DC version tough it is difficult to get far without Jap skills. The huge Godzilla costume thing was hilarious.
    It's your money. At least if you've already played it you know what to expect. I don't play games just for humor myself though.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. I'm buying it/playing it, whatever, to experience a change of pace from the norm in U.S. releases. Does that mean it'll be good? No. Does that mean I'll probably end up liking it anyway? Yup.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Originally posted by Jeremy
    John, it's not being published by Sega in the U.S., it's being published by AIA. Thanks for more positive input Shine, it makes me that much more excited about the game.
    Ah, AIA. They release all sorts of wacky fringe games that normally wouldn't come out here. After all, this is the publisher that released Illbleed here, the greatest DC game ever, completely uncensored. I owe them for that.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww