Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2333353637

Thread: Rent-A-Hero No. 1

1. omg lol yes!

Someone pm me with the proper files or point me in that direction or something.

2. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    Cool - I've had a review copy of the game for a few years now, but I'm glad that the other dozen people interested in the game can have access to it. At some point, I'll get around to softmodding my Xbox and finally play the game.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 15 Sep 2008 at 02:17 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

3. Damnit Jeremy, when something like this happens, you can't just take it lying down like this. What do you want me to do? Softmod your box for you? Do you need to borrow my modbox? I just want detailed JEREMY STYLE impressions of this game!!!

4. "To sum it all up, if this is the kind of game that you like, then you will like it. If you don't like this type of game, you will not like it."
    I was leafing through an old Hardcore Gamer magazine on the toilet the other day (the Onimusha Dawn of Dreams ish), and basked in the glory of Jeremy review in it. Classic!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    Damnit Jeremy, when something like this happens, you can't just take it lying down like this. What do you want me to do? Softmod your box for you? Do you need to borrow my modbox? I just want detailed JEREMY STYLE impressions of this game!!!
    Okay -
    Rent-A-Hero No. 1’s graphics are some of the most jaw-dropping I’ve ever witnessed. The sheer amount of things in this game is staggering, and all of them have been given pain-staking levels of details. Sure, the game’s DC roots show through at times, but the game still looks fantastic thanks to the laborious effort put into them. Little touches, like fantastic lighting and reflections, add to the mood of a certain area and really help give the game a sense of realism it would otherwise lack. The game’s many characters all look fantastic, and barring the painted-on Godzilla suits that adorn some of the characters, they look stellar when compared to nearly any other game out there.
    As far as soft-modding goes, I just haven't gotten around to doing it. I've had an offer for someone to just put the save file needed for one on a memory card, and I haven't even gotten around to doing that mainly because my desire to play this game has waned over the past few years, and also because I had no luck finding a non-PH version of Mech Assault, and I'm not sure if the save will work with Splinter Cell/007.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 15 Sep 2008 at 04:57 PM.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

6. Shit, I feel like I need to bust out the old Xbox just for the purpose of history here.

7. If you bitches need to mod your Xbox I have a memory card with I believe ndure 1.1 here. All you need is the 1st Splinter Cell (any version works from what I read). Just pay shipping and send it back to me when you're done.

8. I beat Rent-A-Hero No. 1 a year ago, when the review copies were floating about. I've got to admit that, while it was't great, it had that pure Sega charm you just don't get much of any more. It was bizarre and enjoyable, and I'd have cheerfully paid $20 for it.

The bonus combat missions are completely broken, though. Punch-Punch-Punch (slight pause between each hit of the button) racks up a dead enemy and huge combo.

James