Thread: The Non-Poser 3D Thread.

1. The Non-Poser 3D Thread.

Originally posted by Seven Force
    Whatever.....

Well, why don't you make a Maya users thread? (or Max). Maybe I will learn the truth. But for now, I don't give a shit.
    I'm a Max user myself, I like Maya, Max is just what I'm comfortable with. I've been using it for about 2 years now, although I've never been a very good modeler. I'm more of a texturer.

Combination of 3D and Photoshop.

I lightened it up so more people can see the detail, on my computer it's fine but I've noticed it's awfully dark on other people's computers, maybe my Gamma correction is off.

Click for a larger version.

Also, since this is a 3D thread...anyone see the new Ghost Painter? MAN that's cool looking shit, I'd kill for an Unwrap to Path plugin.

http://www.cebas.com/products/featur...&PID=5&FID=367

2. Most people on the board have seen this shit all ready as its mostly all old stuff
    so dont bitch that its old *L*

ive gotten away from the modeling and texturing and focus more on the animation now
    but i dont have any of my recent stuff online so ill share what is online

my first human model i did maybe 3 - 4 years ago just a quick screen grab lost his hair over the years ohh well

heres a simple temple scenery i did just playing around with using Maya Fur to create grass

hmm actually this one is some what recent maybe 2 months or 3 months back i was playing with caustics and came up with this and like it

this is a head i modeled using polys maybe a year back to learn poly modeling

hmmm thanksgiving image i did last thanksgiving

and ofcourse i have my demo reel up online Here

all done in maya and textures and bump maps are all done in Photoshop

i know i know its all old stuff ill get some new stuff up online soon
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Damn John, that demo reel was pretty impressive, especially the facial expressions on that one character standing in front of the book.

4. thanks regus appreciate that
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Thanks Box Drink. I'm glad you like.

6. Because of the confusing thread names I'm only guessing this is the proper place to post this:

http://www.ammadeau.net/comics/Kumiko/cards/kumiko.avi

Modeled from scratch and years away from the last time I had done anything like it. And this is the original 2d version:

http://www.ammadeau.net/comics/Kumik...Kumiko-R01.jpg

Yes, I'm well aware that there's no head. Three failed attempts and a lot of frustration later proved I am way out of practice. I could have at least done the hair, but for some reason Max4 has no easy way to convert splines into mesh segments. I have the hair perfectly outlined in 3D can can't use it.

Will probably animate the body next when I have the time since that's relatively easy and I'm honestly sick of modeling. A million little figgin' details that always need adjusting. Even in this version I can see things that could be fixed.

Better textures, better lighting, an actual background... It never ends.

Blaine - your texture work is top-notch. Looks more painted than textured. I can't even begin to approach that level of skill. I tend to slap shaders together until it looks good enough.

Johnpv - post something new for the love of god.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Very cool Ammadeau. One thing that always impresses me is when someone can do a very good sketch and then create it in 3D. That's something I've not quite gotten the grasp of. You seem to have a very good handle on it.

8. http://www.phoenix-archetypes.com/3d...sofdissent.jpg

There was a thread I put up here earlier but it looks to be gone now. If you have seen the animatrix you'll recognise these robots and all. This is basically fan-art from my (seemingly) long lost frined Dak who hasn't replied to my emails in ages! Asshole
    o_O

9. Blaine - I really like it. Might end up being my wallpaper.

I'm only getting into Max now, myself. No way in hell I'll be making anything worth showing any time soon.