Thread: Ai Yori Aoshi

1. Ai Yori Aoshi

So after bumping Chobits up (I like these shows, sue me), I decided to start up a topic on this series. For those who don't know anything about it, here's a snippet from Anime on DVD:

True Blue Love. Kaoru Hanabishi just wanted to help. Aoi Sakuraba just wanted to find her first love. They never realized they were looking for each other. Ever since their arranged marriage 18 years ago, Aoi had been in love with Kaoru, but she traveled to Tokyo to meet him when she learned the marriage had been called off. While Kaoru’s impressed by Aoi’s loyalty, innocence and beauty, to accept her affection, he might have to return to the Hanabishi Clan and the emotional and physical pain he suffered during his childhood... Their self-control and their love will be put to the test when she moves in and he tries to stay a gentleman!
    Anybody seen much of this? I'm thinking about picking up what's available next month, but I wanted to get a few impressions first.

2. I passed on it, opting for His and Her Circumstances to fill in my romance anime needs

3. Seems interesting, I love things like this, but right now I have a huge list above it. Maybe I'll download episode 1 and 2 to see if I like it.

4. Originally posted by kabuki
    I passed on it, opting for His and Her Circumstances to fill in my romance anime needs
    How are you liking that? I actually passed on it a loong time ago, when a friend of mine had downloaded most of the episodes. He was also watching Marmalade Boy at the time, so any anime advice from him was immediately discarded Isn't it pretty long?

Thief~Silver: I've got the same problem, but I keep just adding stuff to my list instead of buying anything. So I'm like "screw it" and going to start chipping away at the list.

Of course, I still have a stack of stuff that I've downloaded to watch as it is...maybe I should watch that before buying even more. But then I wouldn't be a meat-and-potatoes eating capitalist would I?

5. Originally posted by Masaka
    How are you liking that? ... Isn't it pretty long?
    I LOVED the first DVD. I own DVDs 2 and 3, and 4 is now shipping to me, but haven't watched anything past 1. I keep putting it off so I can watch it with my anime loving friends Five DVDs total, BTW, and rightstuf.com just put up the box set for $99.

Actually, it seems that almost all my friends now watch anime. I've infected them with the system

- Kabuki

6. AOA isn't really anything special. I'll check out the third volume but my interest is waning.

As for His and Hers, it's still good despite the slightly gay overtones at times and the incredibly horrible episode 19(they literally used cutouts, looks pathetic).

Sounds sappy... I'm there.

8. For what it's worth, Ai Yori Aoshi is getting a second season in Japan, airing soon if it hasn't already. So if you like it there's more on the way, though it doesn't really look or sound like anything I would like.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2