Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kikaider

1. Kikaider

Just started airing on Adult Swim last night. I didn't watch the entire first episode, but I saw most of it. I'm a bit mixed on it; on one hand, I can see its potential, but on the other hand, its like I don't really care, which is a it unfair. I find the animation style funny looking for some reason; its not bad, just something doesn't seem right. Anyone else catch this?
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

2. The animation is funny looking for this reason: The character design is in the style of the late 60s. We're talking Astro-boy/Gigantor esque characters being animated with modern quality. It just doesn't mix well. I watched most of the first episode last night. Nothing really gripped me about it besides it's intriguing animation style. But just because it intrigues me doesn't mean I like it.

3. I saw a preview for this on a DVD, thinking it was Tech Romancer. Looked like an Ultraman ripoff. I'll try catching it tonight and see how it fares with me.

And CN should consider airing Rahxephon on AS.

EDIT - didn't like it, barely held my interest. Bring back Lupin.

4. Its an anime update of an old Tokusatsu show. That's why it reminded you of Ultraman, and also explains the art style(I love that they did that as well)

I'm glad they put it up. Bringing actual old cartoons along the lines of Ashita no Joe(or Lupin, does that come back after they get more episodes) would be better. But I'll take it.

5. I think so far the the show has been pretty good. The fight scenes are really great, and the story keeps you hooked, at least for me. How long is the series exactly?

6. seen a few eps last couple nights, dosent really interest me

i might watch more, might get better hopefully.

oh yeah,BRING BACK LUPIN

7. I like what I've seen...a lot. I'll be doing my best to catch every episode.

And if I remember correctly, my local EB had some kick ass Kikaider stauettes. Now that I know where they're from, and actually dig it, I might pick a few up.

Ah, yes. PICS!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

8. Those stauettes kick ass. As for the show I feel the same as the rest of you folks. The animation style is really nifty but I don't really get anything from the story. Maybe I needed to see it at the first episode. I'm going to try to catch more eps though.

9. Is Kikaider made by the same people that did Metropolis? They both have a similar style.

Don't know about the metropalis thing.but i do know they are taking Yu Yu Hakushu off for another revision of a old school anime.this time its Robot 009.or android i don't remember.anyhoo.it looks cool.but i would rather they take off that god awful DBZ and leave YU YU alone.at least were getting eps of Kenshin.i must find all of those DVDs.

JBNagis
    Fresh for 03' you SUCKAS!