Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Hawk's Underground - The Official Thread

1. New Tony Hawk...

I saw my roommate looking at some site online, I dunno what, but I copied and pasted this while he was in teh bathroom.

Presenting Tony Hawk's: Underground, a new
    Action Sports game for PlayStation 2

Experience the Tony Hawk franchise like never before in the most impressive Action Sports game ever created! You'll be able to get off your board, explore levels by foot and even ride bikes, motorcycles, and more, as you complete challenges and unveil the plot-twisting story that takes you from an unknown local skate punk to the most popular skater in the world.

Story-Based Career Mode:

A total of 30 minutes of detailed cut-scenes tell the story of the game. The cut scenes star you, move the story along and set up each level.
    Start at the bottom working in a local skateshop with a few dollars in your pocket and dreams of making it big. Hone your skills and then earn your way to some of skating's hottest spots around the globe.
    To make the story progress, you'll need to conquer goals like shooting videos, pulling new tricks, and competing in leading amateur competitions to show your skills. It's up to you to work your way up through the ranks to get to Skater of the Year. If you make it, you'll have a chance to start your own company and recruit Pros to your team. But, be careful, fame and fortune have a way of slipping through your hands.
    Greater Player Control:

Get off your skateboard! Tired of tricking? Now you can explore levels on foot – climb fire escapes, hop chain link fences, and create havoc everywhere!
    Ride other vehicles. An enhanced engine allows you to ride a host of vehicles in the same level – BMX bikes, Motocross bikes, even a golf cart.
    Hook up with Pro skaters throughout the levels – get challenges from skaters like Tony Hawk and Bob Burnquist. Later, you'll get a chance to play as any of the Pros who join your team.
    Bigger & Better Customization:

Create your own goals and challenges in an expanded Park Editor or go online and download new levels – never run out of new games to play.
    Need more tricks? Create-a-Trick allows you to make entirely new tricks to show off what you're really made of.
    More customizable Create-a-Skater – put YOUR face in the game by going online and downloading a face texture that you take with a digital camera.
    Infinite Expansion through Online:

New online games and races mix it up and keep the game fresh.
    Grab all kinds of new content (Create-a-Skater, parks, deck graphics and goals) to expand your game. Design your own killer content and share it with your friends.
    Stat tracking and player rankings – find out who is the best in the world. Join a clan or start your own if team play is your thing.

Sounds lame to me
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

2. well um....source?

3. He said it was some survey he got sent in an e-mail... I guess he gets all kinds about new games that are supposedly coming out.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

4. good going dude.

5. Wow, I like the Tony Hawk skateboarding games and all but that sounds flat-out stupid. Honestly. I don't have any particular desire to walk around as Tony Hawk climbing fire escapes and shit.

EDIT:

Come to think of it, after reading the entire thing over something hit me. They're trying the GTA approach on TONY HAWK. "Move anywhere on foot, drive multiple vehicles, cause havoc" -- Grand Theft Hawk right around the corner people. Yech.

6. If it's true at all, I think it might actually be decent.

7. GTA: Hawk City- whoop-dee-doo.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. Originally posted by cka
    They're trying the GTA approach on TONY HAWK. "Move anywhere on foot, drive multiple vehicles, cause havoc" -- Grand Theft Hawk right around the corner people. Yech.
    That's exactly what I was thinking while reading it.

Until I get some more info/source, I'll remain skeptical.

9. Activision has run out of ideas, obviously.

But this is soooo stupid.

You gotta be kidding me.