In its effort to make a strong presence in a new marketplace, Sega launches Sega Mobile.

With the increasing popularity among companies to bring gaming entertainment to cellular and PDA users (which has been common in Japan for years), Sega has announced the launch of <b>Sega Mobile</b> which as the name implies - will provide Sega-based games for the wireless peripherals.

"Staying true to our history of innovation in the gaming industry, Sega.com continues to push the boundaries and expand the video game market into new territories with the launch of the Sega Mobile division," said Mr. Ryoichi Shiratsuchi, CEO of Sega.com and general manager of Sega Mobile Japan. "Bringing great Sega content to wireless platforms is another step toward Sega.com's goal of bringing networked gaming to all devices and thereby extending the pastime to mainstream audiences across the world."

Based on the current successes in the Japanese wireless gaming market, Sega expects its new mobile foundation to become the market leader for wireless gaming in North America. Among the titles planned for launch include <i>Pengo, Flicky, Puyo Puyo and Monaco GP</i> - followed by a summer release of the blockbuster hit title <i>Super Monkey Ball</i>. The goal is to appeal mainly to the mainstream userbase by providing a diverse launch repertoire of games by publishing new puzzle, sports and entertainment titles.

Can't wait, I could use some new games for my Palm!

<b>Source:</b> Press Release.