Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: 88's paintings

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	the_enemy.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	981  

Not too much to say about this one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turn_signal.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	982  

3. Dig 'em. Very direct, but imaginative.

Would like to see what you might do with additional mixed media work.

4. The final three are really quite nice, actually. The face on Enemy is a standout.

I'm a big fan of sloppy style artwork, as well.

5. Those are excellent... seriously

6. I like it. Simple, blunt and direct. I'd like to see what you can do if you took a bit more time with your painting and tried to add a little detail or added a few more colors but the artistic quality is there. The imagery you chose to convey each message worked very well. I especially like "The Enemy" with the big fake smile and all. "Perfect Citizen" was cool too. And I liked the way you blended the colors in the blue one. I dig it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Dude, those are classic.

What's the first one, though?

8. I liked some of them. perfect citizen, and the two smiley faces. Others seemed a bit too obvious, no real need for making any commentary(like the religion + excuses, money + god, flag+lies)On the other hand, using that style for something like "using your turn signal" is a bit of brilliance I say. yeah.

9. The use of stencils is brilliant. I hate Twentieth-Century art, so I don't know if that's been done much before.

I love the rawness, but some of it is kind of heavy-handed and obvious. I disagree with Dolemite about the need for more detail, but I do think you could use some more subtelty.

My advice: drink more.

If you can produce images that work on more than just the basest levels, you will be the toast of the (TNL) art world.

How much for the turn-signal one? *flips tie behind back*

10. It looks like something I would love to find as commonly seen grafitti as I go through a train or something. Nice work, should be publicly displayed everywhere.