Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 88's paintings

1. Artist Statements are lame-ass... You just BS some sentimental shit about "ohhhh my influences" and "ohhhhhh i went through a hard time so I painted this"

... Okay, maybe I'm just mad because my art never has any point, so it's hard, and annoying as hell for me to come up with one, so I end up BSing about creative expression and my imagination.

2. Before I can graduate, I'll have to do a gallery show on campus, and it'll have to have an artist's statement.

"Kirby is cute - EMBRACE HIM"

I dunno how many people I can scare with that one...

For some, a statement is BS. To others, there's a good amount of thought behind what it is they do. To others, they can be all overly analytical about their work after doing it and pyscho-analyze the reasons for making something, but before making it and during, didn't have an 'intent' in their head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. That is the greatest paintings ever!! hahah i would love to but that I'm OK one!! hahah
    Is it all art-ed up?? i mean like will they last? or did you just stick some paint on a peice of cardboard?
    cause really I'm ok would rawk in my house!
    You can never be one of the dead, because something that has no existence can have no community.

Frontiers

Its paint on canvas. I don't know how to "art it up" so it lasts.

I'm not an artist, I'm a drunk.

5. Nice stuff. I like "Perfect Citizen" the best.
    Well that's like, your opinion, man.

6. Originally posted by 88mph
    I'm not an artist, I'm a drunk.
    That, sir, is sig-worthy

7. Originally posted by 88mph
    I went to art school for a year and took Photography and Sound Editing courses.

Thats all the art training I've had.

Where are these places that will sell my stuff?
    By any chance, would you say that your artwork is inspired in any way by the work of Ralph Steadman?

8. I like them a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

Originally posted by BerringerX
    By any chance, would you say that your artwork is inspired in any way by the work of Ralph Steadman?
    I don't have any idea who that is.

Originally posted by Captain Vegetable
    I like them a lot.
    Thanks.

10. "i'm ok." is very touching, especially with the story behind it.

"filth" is one I can relate to, I think anyone who has ever lived in a major metropolitan area can. Is the city in question Baltimore?

"lies" is my favorite, by far. The smearing on the flag makes a statement and looks really cool. This is also not the kind of thing I expected from a guy whose avatars were so pro-American for weeks.

"use your fucking turn signal" should be on billboards all along I-5.

Overall, I like them. I'd really like if you could express your feelings through visuals only--no words. The words are vital in some, but needless in others. There is so much that can be done with Ronald Reagan through pictures; even something as simple as a pair of horns jutting from his forehead gets the point across.

I'd like to see more, 88.

-Tech