Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: 88's paintings

Quote Originally Posted by JackColon
    What do I find in these pieces?
    No originality, you use black and white, and little color variation within each piece. You obviously show little to no artistic ability, as all of your paintins and work are using poorly thrown together black paint that resmbles an eight year old's finger painting. The variations within each piece of artowrk varies slightly, you have a poorly worked compisition which features no elements or principles of fine art, and which demonstrate no outstanding qualities of expression or beauty. The words in the bottom right-hand corner are there because your poorly worked central art cannot accurately or forcefully be understood, or recognized to any degreee to properly portray your emotions or messahe. When I see your artwork, I see angst ridden slop in disgustingly horrendous pakcages that demonstrate the very principles you try to illustrate hate for. Maybe indiviidualizing any of them, or taking more time and effort in them would help to make their messages more meaningful. If you had any heart or real love for what you're speaking against, you would take a decent amount of time and try to make your artwork meaningful.

Thank you.
    I like art to be accessable... which is why I do not make any effort to use any of the formal training I have when I paint. Whether I am paint on canvas, or making pictures with your titles. Its heavy handed and obvious because there is enough stuff out there with "deep hidden meanings".

I make an effort to make my stuff look like anyone could have done it. I buy the shittiest brushes, so fine lines are close to impossible, and I have to pick bristles out of the paint.

I would say I spent, at the most, 20 minutes on each one of these paintings... that was the point.

I do honestly appreciate your feedback. Thank you.

2. But if you look at the paintings there's definitely a consistency in style.

Art doesn't have to have pure rendering of forms with a heavy meaning crafted in a dooie meadow under a sicamoore tree swaying in the wind.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."