Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acclaim's E3 2003 Lineup Unleashed

1. Acclaim's E3 2003 Lineup Unleashed

Just a little over three weeks away, as developers are gearing up for one of the most anticipated annual events of the year. Acclaim has released details highlighting its featured lineup spanning several genres including action, racing, and sports.

Can you say "Boom-shaka-laka?"

<b>ALIAS</b>

Yes, it's based on that same show that you religiously watch every week. Yes, you'll play with Syndey Bristow. No, there won't be a naked code released.

On the brighter, pure side of things. The video game adaption of the drama series allows players to use an array of high-tech gadgetry and martial arts to accomplish challenging missions. <i>Alias</i> will feature a variety of key elements including stealth, time-based missions, espionage, among other things that should please all avid fans.

<b>GLADIATOR SWORD OF VENGEANCE</b>

When in Rome...beat the living hell out of your opponents. Well, at least in Acclaim's upcoming release. Entering the foray of fighting games, <i>Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance</i> promises players an unique experience, featuring an intuitive combo system in which you can unleash deadly combos on multiple opponents at once. Finishing Moves? Yeah, they've got that. Sweet.

<b>NBA JAM</b>

It's taken it's sweet time to get back in the limelight, but now one of the biggest classic b-ball hits is finally back! <i>NBA Jam</i> has been revamped literally from the ground up. Expect dynamic arcade-style play featuring 3-on-3 gameplay; tons of signature moves including funky dunks, power-ups and hidden secrets. That's right...big head codes should be back back in full effect!

<b>SUMMER HEAT BEACH VOLLEYBALL</b>

If that other v-ball game on the market didn't seem to extreme for video game sporting needs, perhaps the upcoming release of <i>Summer Heat Beach Volleyball</i> will serve better results.

<i>Summer Heat Beach Volleyball</i> will offer feature 2-on-2 v-ball action, and allow players to earn special moves, unlock hidden features and most importantly - actually play volleyball. No need to worry about pleasing your teammates here.

<b>SPEED KINGS</b>

Speed Kings is the full-on adrenaline rush of street motorcycle racing, right in the safety of your living room. Featuring insane stunts, including jumping over trains and powersliding under trucks, Speed Kings challenges players to become the high-performance king of the blacktop.

<b>SX SUPERSTAR</b>

SX Superstar is a wild ride into the essence of supercross, filled with arcade-racing action that will release the rock star within. In SX Superstar, players are the stars, taking their rider from the poorhouse to the penthouse. Pull huge air and squash the competition for a big win, then line your pockets with cold, hard cash. Rake in enough bucks and start living the good life with better bikes, bigger houses and of course, hotter chicks. (Editor's Note: Sound like the second coming of BMX XX in another form...)

<b>URBAN FREESTYLE STREET SOCCER</b>

Urban Freestyle Soccer takes the world's most popular sport back to its street roots with gang-style teams competing against their rivals for the rights to home turf. It's a brand new type of soccer, featuring mind-blowing freestyle tricks and no rules in authentic, visually striking urban environments.

<b>XGRA: Extreme-G Racing Association</b>

Where would we be without another dose of Extreme-G. The last release was quite exciting and this installment promises to go above and beyond. Racing fans can look forward to the same, savvy futuristic action, new teams and challenges. Look for more details when we get hands-on gameplay.

2. GLADIATOR SWORD OF VENGEANCE is the only thing that interests me in that list

lots of gladiator stuff coming out soon
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

3. Hey. NBA JAM was a classic b-ball game man. don't front.

4. sorry not into the sports games
    *shrug*
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. my condolences

6. NBA JAM
    Hey. NBA JAM was a classic b-ball game man. don't front.
    Yeah, back when Midway was in charge, Acclaim's last NBA Jam game was...less than stellar.

7. well. they've long moved on to make their own games. unfortunately they don't have access to the NBA Jam license I guess or we'd be seeing new versions of it published by Midway.

Least we got Slugfest!

8. Re: Acclaim's E3 2003 Lineup Unleashed

Originally posted by bahn Can you say "Boom-shaka-laka?"
    I can, but I won't.

Also, Acclaim sucks. Anything that has a spit-fire concept and such will be marred by untalented designers and programmers and rushed out to up a bad quarterly financial statement.

Until Acclaim produces more than 2 games in 5 years I semi-enjoy, then they can go bankrupt. (Getting the Alias license is a waste on them)Two games I liked of Acclaims were Legends of Wrestling and Aggressive Inline. But LOW isn't without its MAJOR flaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. This is the worst list of E3 games I have ever seen.

Hopefully this is a sign that Acclaim will be out of business soon.

10. Re: Re: Acclaim's E3 2003 Lineup Unleashed

Originally posted by Andrew
    I can, but I won't.

Also, Acclaim sucks. Anything that has a spit-fire concept and such will be marred by untalented designers and programmers and rushed out to up a bad quarterly financial statement.

Until Acclaim produces more than 2 games in 5 years I semi-enjoy, then they can go bankrupt. (Getting the Alias license is a waste on them)Two games I liked of Acclaims were Legends of Wrestling and Aggressive Inline. But LOW isn't without its MAJOR flaws.
    damn. can't I just be happy that NBA Jam is coming back?

Btw, are you the same Andrew that writes for Ziff Davis?