Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 68910

Thread: 28 Days Later - Zombies Invade England

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    I really dug this. I don't usually like horror movies because they usually try to be over-the-top to the point of being silly and campy, but this thing was gritty and scary. I was impressed. Best Zombie flick ever.
    Well, Not all horror movies try to be "over-the-top". there are plenty of examples that are more subdued and frightening. Maybe you just havent seen enough of good horror films?

2. DVD streets today. Had multiple endings and six cut scenes plus commentary and more for the specials. I'm buying.

3. I wonder if US release will have any additional extras, that UK dvd didnt had. I am just happy with that one though, so no plans for US dvd for me.

Definitely watch the storyboard ending. It would have been awesome if they filled in the holes.

I prefer the happy ending, not because of its content, but more because of its pacing. The hospital scene just drug on for too long, while the campy ending fit with the theme of short bursts (I love the quick flash of "hell" written on the hill).

5. Can someone with the DVD answer these questions, because I'm still very confused:

1) How many endings are there (including alternates and the one used in the movie)?

2) What is the ending the UK got?

3) What was the ending that was added to the American theatrical run (playing after the credits)?

4) What was the ending in the original script?

6. I've seen the movie and found it to be a poor rip-off of Night of the Living Dead. You're better off renting, before buying.

7. It's in a completely different category then Night of the Living Dead...the creatures in the movies arn't typical zombies and are actually living human beings with a disease, I thought the movie was good but a lot of people appoached it expecting something the movie didn't offer.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Quote Originally Posted by Sqoon
    Can someone with the DVD answer these questions, because I'm still very confused:

1) How many endings are there (including alternates and the one used in the movie)?
    There are four endings total on the DVD:
    -2 fully scripted and finished (happy and sad)
    -1 rough edit (unrefined sound effects and no Dolby Digital, grainy 4:3 video, etc)
    -1 storyboard, which means that the rough storyboard sketches are shown as the director reads the lines.

2) What is the ending the UK got?
    The UK got the "sad" ending

3) What was the ending that was added to the American theatrical run (playing after the credits)?
    UK ending, I believe

4) What was the ending in the original script?
    I believe that it was once again the UK ending.

The US ending is connected to the actual movie, and the other three are viewed through the extras menu.

9. I thought this was a fantastic movie despite the low budget. I didn't get a chance to see the alternate endings, cuz the one I saw (the nice one) was a little anti-climatic. The zombies were creepy looking and much better than those in Resident Evil.

SC