Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Photography

1. Exposure's just the fancy word for you taking a picture.

You literally expose the film to the reflecting light from the object, hence the picture is taken. That's why when you get too much light the film goes super dark. (negative)
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I took this one at my birthday dinner... I dig the colors
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	longexpo.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	18.9 KB 
ID:	1107  

3. Exposure also refers to how long the shutter is open. Long exposure = long length of time shutter is open. I can try to explain some photography terms later
    To understand man, walk it shoe on other foots.

4. Some very nice shots there, Click. I like the yellow room one especially, for some reason. A few of mine:

5. Likewise, Mode. Those pictures are all very gorgeous, especially the tree branch.

Funny thing about the 'yellow room,' too. Turns out the rooms has white walls, but that is how the picture came out. That isn't too uncommon with the Lomo camera, though. Another picture I took in an off-white room came out with a greenish tint. Pretty neat effect. Not sure exactly what causes it to occur, however.

6. I enjoy photography but recent setbacks and confusion about the future (comp, darkroom etc) has made me lose interest, I'll try to scan some pics this week though.

7. Turns out the rooms has white walls, but that is how the picture came out.
    I love oddball and unpredictable things like that -- one of the things that makes photography so much fun, I think. I almost prefer not having too firm an idea of what I'm doing.

8. Most definitely. Unexpected surprises are always welcome.

What kind of digital camera is that that you are using, Mode? The image quality is terrific.

EDIT: Busted links.

x x x

9. What kind of digital camera is that that you are using, Mode? The image quality is terrific.
    A Toshiba PDR-M71. Relatively cheap and extremely flexible. Here's that one frost picture again, and even this isn't at the original resolution.

Love the picture of that one tree, by the way. The sky makes for such a nice backdrop/silhouette effect.

...and you're right. The un-yellow room is pretty damn boring.

10. Amazing. Those snow crystals really look sharp. The little bit of reflecting light is such a nice touch, as well.

Thanks for the compliment, too. I always like to take photos of the sky/objects against the sky when it is lit up at night or sunset. It's pretty much a no-brainer for a good looking shot.

I would really like to take my digital camera out more to see what I can come up with... I haven't used it nearly enough in taking pictures out of doors... This area is pretty lacking in interesting things to shoot, though.