Thread: Computer woes.....

1. Computer woes.....

Im hoping I can get some help here... I finally got a new HD, and wish to venture into the land of PC gaming. Unfortunatly, I cant figure out what the fucking hell is wrong with all of it. Lemme splain... actually Im at work.. lemme sum up..

Had a 1.3(or there abouts) gig HD...

Ordered a Seagate 40 gig...

Got the SeaGate, and proceded to install it, aswell as Win 2000. I was previously running WinME.

Had the 40 gig set up as Master/primary and the 1.3 as Slave/secondary...

Installed Win 2000 on the new HD, and everything was fine. Well fine except that all my fav places and buddy lists and such things were on the old HD.

Ok, rebooted and tried to reload winME. WOuldnt work. So I went back into BIOS and set up the 1.3 as Master/Primary and extracted all that I needed.

Set the 40 gig back to primary...

Verifing VMI pool data....
    Missing Operating System...

WTF?

Since then Ive installed Win 2000 on the smaller drive, and Im now using it as my primary HD. I have the space I want because I can use the 40 gig as a secondary drive.. but the 40 gig loads everything about ten times faster... litterally. So I want everything to load off of the 40 gig. What the hell is wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated, and if Im not giving enough info here, feel free to ask. Thanks in advance.

Z-roe
    A is for action

2. make sure the jumpers are set correctly
    "Punch the yeti! Win a free Llama!"

3. By jumpers, you mean the plastic thingys that are set on diffrent prongs for master, slave, ect.? I think thats fine. Everything is fine actually. except the fact that its not working. Thanks though.
    A is for action

4. yeah thats them...make sure on the ide cable all the pins are in and none are bent out of the way

5. Yup, thats all good too. I have pin 1 in the proper position, the power cords are all working... I mean, I can use the 40 gig as a slave/secondary, so I know that both hard drives are in proper working order. And I even had the 40 gig working as the Master at one point, so I have no idea what the problem is. It's only when I goto set up the 40 gig as the master again do I have any trouble what-so-ever.
    A is for action

6. check the bios, if not then i have no clue.

7. Nope, I see nothing wrong in the Bios. Seriously though, I very much appreciate you trying to help. I just wish I could get some kind of clue as to whats going on. Ive never seen a problem like this, or even heard of it from someone else. The only possible thing I can muster up is that somehow my boot discs are screwy. Which would be confusing since I used those same discs to start Win 2000 when I had the 40 gig as my primary HD. At any rate though, Thank you very much. Peace.

Z-roe
    A is for action

8. no problem man, just ask if u need more help