Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime Boston Con - the wrap-up

1. Anime Boston Con - the wrap-up

So I went to the big anime con in Boston the other day, took some pictures, had lots of fun. Since it was my very first con, I will be writing up an article on it for www.tokidokijournal.com, but it looks like the article is going out to subscribers only. Subscription is totally free of course, so if you are interested in...
    - seeing a few cosplay pics
    - seeing some pics from upcoming releases
    - reading about some interesting news from the con that may not have popped up on other sites yet
    - hearing about a con newbie's trip to his first con
    ...then you can subscribe here in the box in the upper right corner
    The special article should be mailed out by the end of the week ^_^
    - Kabuki

2. I had no idea this was this past weekend, since I live only about an hour from Boston and could have gone, though I was feeling pretty under the weather the whole weekend and it would have taken great incentive to stir me out of my slug-like state.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Dammit it all the hell. This was something I could have went to, but I had no idea it was taking place. I think I'll subscribe; the site is very nice and its always enlightening reading a newbie's impressions.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

4. Were there any hot cosplaying chicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

5. Yes.

There were also some guys trying to be hot cosplaying chicks.

6. The latter scare me moreso than the former.
    You should go to Otakon. It's bigger.
    ...maybe.

7. i went to animeboston too! it was also my 1st anime convention. it was cool but i didn't get to do much since i didn't get to go on saturday and on friday i spent too much time at the gameroom at least i got to meet the dub voice actor for Kintaro Oe in Golden Boy! He signed my ID badge and he was a cool guy. Had some damn nice art too (he was doing art in the artist alley). wished i could have made it that saturday to enter the puzzle fighter tourney there though. my friend won that thing with his eyes closed it seems. maybe next year!

Edit: there was a pretty hot Yuna there too :P

8. Originally posted by Mikhal
    at least i got to meet the dub voice actor for Kintaro Oe in Golden Boy! He signed my ID badge and he was a cool guy. Had some damn nice art too (he was doing art in the artist alley).
    No way!
    I went on Saturday, so I missed that.
    I would have had him sign my Golden Boy DVDs and everything!
    Damnit. He's one of my favorite dub voice actors...

9. did you meet Tiffany Grant? she was Madam President! i missed her though