Thread: DOS floppy image

DOS floppy image

OK... since my search for a DOS emulator has proved fruitless I have a new question.

How do I make a "DOS bootable floppy image"

I hear that doing this will bypass a lot of the problems I am having.

Check out www.bootdisk.com , they have floppy images of boot disks for almost every MS OS out there, I've used them many times.

Alternatively, if DOS stuff is THAT important to you, you might want to consider hitting some mom and pop computer shops and finding an old system or some old parts and just build an old system.

About a year or so ago, I built my DOS box, which has a 200 mhz processor, a SB AWE 64 (best DOS sound card ever) and a 4 meg video card, all for around 100 bucks, I think. It's great to be able to play Privateer again

If you're REALLY nuts, you can also load the system to dual boot between DOS and Windows 98, but I only did that so I could have a backup system...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

I am trying to run a game. I don't want to spend any more money. I just want to play this game.

If I still had the case for the game the company would help me set up a way to play it (by telling me how to create a "DOS floppy image")
    I don't have the case anymore so I can't prove to them that I purchased it. I don't want to downgrade my OS b/c 2000pro is stable like nobodys buisness.

Is there anything I can do short of buying more stuff?