Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Texhnolyze?

1. Texhnolyze?

Has anyone seen this series yet? Episode one came out a few days ago on BitTorrent. After watching the episode, I am completely confused. I really can't talk about the actual series much, but the people making this series are pretty big..

Director : Hirotsugu Hamasaki ( Vampire Hunter D ( Animation Director ) )

Scenario : Chiaki Konaka ( Serial Experiments Lain, The Big O )

Character Conceptual Design : Yoshitoshi Abe ( Haibane Renmei, NieA_7, serial experiments lain )

Character Design : Shigeo Akahori ( Shinkai Densetsu Meremanoid )

It's a pretty dark series. And a lot more violent than Lain/Haibane.

I'd like to hear from anyone else that has seen this show, theories on what anything/everything means, etc. I'd reccomend it so far.

2. Well I seen it now (you tempted me with that line up of people involed)...
    i can honestly say i'm more confused than when i first saw "lain"
    Get ready for the mind fry!
    Lain
    Vs
    texhnolyze
    Vs
    Boogiepop Phantom

3. Torrenting it Bit by Bit as we speak... er... type, rather.
    If this is as crazy as you guys say it is, this is gonna kick ass.
    EDIT: Just saw it.
    So...

...what happened?

4. Wow.

It's really hard to do that sort of thing and get away with it... but they appear to be pulling it off.

Could the dude with the blue hat be from another world or something? The old guy with the hair asked him if he came from "the hole". And what does the UFC kid have to do with anything?

Fansite! http://www.csusm.edu/anime/texhnolyze/index.htm

5. Originally posted by Lhadatt
    And what does the UFC kid have to do with anything?
    [/url]
    now you got me intrested....
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. Hmm... someone informed me that Abe wanted to do another show in the Lain universe... could this be it?

7. Originally posted by Xeno Gigas
    now you got me intrested....

It does have some great fight shots in the first ep. I found out from some summary sites that he's a boxer/fighter in one of those pay-per-win things you always find in bleak futuristic stuff. Something really bad happens to him at the end of the first ep that affects the story -- so he's a central character.

8. well I hadn't heard anyuthing about this but I stumbled across the first disk and box today at frys and picked it up because Abe did it, impressions tomorrow...

9. I think I did a thread about this long ago. The prize fighter is the main character and from what I've read long ago, he fights to pay back a debt to a mafia like group that controls the underworld. He also has an arm and maybe a leg removed cause of the debt to be a test subject for robotic parts. Later on he's supposed to meet a strange girl with the ability to see the future and thats when things take off.

I don't have any stores worth a shit for dvds in my area, so I'm gonna have to wait a bit before I can get it.

10. ok, watched the first volume, and damn. It's all sorts of all over the place. Yeah the main guy is a prize fighter but he looses his limbs for hiting some bitch, then some other lady gives him the new ones. The girl that see's the future is alreay in there, but she's with some other guy going to the city. Overall I think it's good, but I so have no idea why anything is happening. Need Volume Two...