Thread: Sometimes, I'm too nice for my own good ( about Transformers DVD Boxed Set )

Sometimes, I'm too nice for my own good ( about Transformers DVD Boxed Set )

Well, long story short, EB broke the release date on the Transformers Season 1 DVDS by four days ( I picked it up this morning ).

Since I am good friends with the workers there, I am returning it ( I didn't open it yet ) so that the girl who sold it to me won't get a write-up ( which would cost her her job ).

It looks very sweet ^_^ Silver case, with a 4-section design, and a blue area down the left side of the back cover that lists each episode.

Very nice indeed, so I guess I'll get to see it in 4 days like everyone else

At least I have a guaranteed copy in a few days.

Price: $49.99

2. Well, that's very admirable of you FighterX. And I think yo may get rewarded for your honesty. Odds are, Best Buy, Circuit City, and many other places will have it on sale when it officially comes out Tuesday, probably for $39.99 or less. Which means you can either buy it at one of those places or get EB to price match it for you and save some bux
    omg TNL epics!

3. Very honest of you FighterX !!

Now... I need some info on this box set - number of episodes, and anything else you can say about it.

Thanks,
    - Kabuki

-16 Episodes ( entire 1st season )
    -Remastered in Doldy Digital 5.1 Sound
    -Extras include clips of the Rhino Remastering Process, the original JPN opening, and a few outtakes.

There are more extras, but I can't remember them right now.

YES!!

Okay, this time, I have it for keeps ^_^

- 4 disc set, 16 episodes ( full first season ) -

Running time:

Disc 1, 118 mins ( Eps. 1-5 )
    Disc 2, 118 mins ( Eps. 6-10 )
    Disc 3, 140 mins ( Eps. 11-16 )
    Disc 4, 90 mins ( Extras )

- 4th disc is FULL of extras, including remastering process comparisons, animation tests, anomalies ( erroneous footage showing fingerprints, missing shadows, dissapearing things on screen, missing explosions, and characters out of place ), all of the opening credits ( Seasons 1, 2, and 3, with and without onscreen text ) for both the Japanese version AND USA dubbing, all commercial bumpers ( USA and JPN ), the original script for "Transport to Oblivion" ( Episode 4 ) and more.

-Sound is Dolby 5.1

-In the inner cover, there is a package with 2 pictures of various Transformers and scenes from the show on plastic.

-Also, a small booklet of episodes and chapter listings and summaries are included, as well as a coupon for $10 for Action Figure Express ( purchase over $75 ).

-Each disc is visually remastered, and right off the bat, you'll notice the enhanced color and picture quality.

You will LOVE this set. I'm watching Episode 3 right now ( More Than Meets the Eye Pt. 3 ), and it's like the first time all over again. I haven't been this excited ( or pleased overall ) about a re-release in a long time. Go out and buy it, because you definitely won't regret it

AWESOME box set, well worth the $50. GO GET IT NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

6. Sounds like an unbelieveably awesome box set. This will definately be a purchase as soon as I get the cash together.

I'm assuming the actual quality of the show has held up (i.e. Transformers stills kicks ass), right ??

- Kabuki

Originally posted by kabuki
    Sounds like an unbelieveably awesome box set. This will definately be a purchase as soon as I get the cash together.

I'm assuming the actual quality of the show has held up (i.e. Transformers stills kicks ass), right ??

- Kabuki
    Oh hell yes! TF stands the test of time, and it's still better than 99% of the other cartoons out there today. Like I say, seeing them that clean and in vibrant color is like rediscovering them all over again

You'll be hooked the moment you see the intro start....when the 3 jets drop from the sky and start running, you'll be totally engrossed!
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

8. besides picking up BAOH on dvd (see the BAOH thread for my thoughts), i finally got the chance to pick up the TF box set. OMG!!! it's so damn good. just having the entire first season in my hands makes it worth the purchase. the extras are very lengthy too, but some of the extras i wasn't to thrilled about. but still... this box set is packed and worth every dime.

i forgot who mentioned it in the movie forum at sound off... but are the cels different in each set or are they all the same ? i got cels of Rumble and another of Starscream and one of the other planes.

Everyone gets the same cells.