Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX Live and PSO

1. XBOX Live and PSO

I know I'm a bit late with the question but what the fuck is the story with MS? Didn't they say NO CHARGE for ANY game other then an XBL subscription? It seems to me that they cave to their own rules when it's to their advantage. Then everyones favorite company that loves to shit on everyone(Sega) gets on their knees again for MS and makes it so you have to have an XBL subscription to play single player? Am I missing something or is this REALLY shitty? Don't take the company bashing the wrong way. I'm just conveying what they are doing rather colorfully. It seems to me that MS is doing Sega favors and getting favors from Sega while the customer gets the shaft from both of them. I'm not trying to start a flame war by talking shit about Sega or MS. It just pisses me off when this shit goes on.

2. you could say that, but cosidering the other games out there it wouldn't really be as much a problem. Only there's a ton of BS about sega making updates etc etc.

What really gets me is how they decided to lock us out from play japan and europe, so it seems like everyone is gonna have to get on the ball and start yelling at both to unlock us if we wanted to play anyone overseas. (plus japan has some cool style of play)
    don't wanna tangle with you, I'd rather tangle with him.
    I think I'm gonna bash his head in...

3. Re: XBOX Live and PSO

Originally posted by Nigel-The-Landstalker
    I know I'm a bit late with the question but what the fuck is the story with MS? Didn't they say NO CHARGE for ANY game other then an XBL subscription?
    Yeah, you are a bit late. Please use the search function for something like "XBox PSO" because we already have numerous threads and arguments devoted to this topic.

4. Re: Re: XBOX Live and PSO

Originally posted by MechDeus
    Yeah, you are a bit late. Please use the search function for something like "XBox PSO" because we already have numerous threads and arguments devoted to this topic.

5. MS never said, "no charge." They said that each publisher can decide if they want to charge or not. With PSO, Sega (not MS) decided to charge the same hunter's license fee they do on GC and DC.

MS doesn't charge for their own games... but they never said they wouldn't at some point later.

6. i didnt know they had region lock out on the game. so only us peeps can play together? thats really lame.

7. No, they didn't say no charge, because when you sign up for Xbl they tell you right there on your tv screen that they will charge extra for "premium content".

Since Sonic Team is still creating new missions for the game and having themed events (like easter this week), it's not like you aren't getting anything extra for your money.

And besides, the first two months are free. Since most people will get sick of the game by then, it doesn't really matter.

The having to have Xbox Live just to play offline thing is a total scam, though.
    -Kyo

8. wait you have to subscribe to live just to play offline? man.....2 really bad marks brought to my attention in this thread.

9. Originally posted by Dragonmaster Dyne
    i didnt know they had region lock out on the game. so only us peeps can play together? thats really lame.
    Me and mode7 were playing once, and a french guy joined. it was an awful experience and i'm glad that I don't have to have more of them shouting in my ear.

10. It's really awfull how this game turned out to be for Xbox. One of the great things in PSO on DC was that you could meet up with anyone around the globe. And this Xbox live subscription needed to play offline? LOL, retarded IMO.

Also, some Japanese hacker found a way to use the 'dupe' cheat in the xbox version, so I guess it's only a matter of time before everyone runs around with all the rares equipped.

Link

I enjoyed the DC version but this I will pass on gladly.
    !