• Super Mario Kart

30 55.56%
  • Mario Kart 64

18 33.33%
  • Mario Kart Super Circuit

6 11.11%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Favourite version of Mario Kart

64 had a better Battle mode. The 3 story block level was godlike.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. 64>advance>super

I like 64 the best because the powersliding system is better, has 4 player, great music. Rubber-band AI makes things more intense, which is a key to this genre.

3. All you 64 playas, you mah boys!

4. This has got to be the first time I have ever heard anyone say they like rubber band ai.

5. I thought Super Circuit could've been a lot tighter, but it was very good, and Ive enjoyed it a lot mroe now than when I bought it. I went back and played Mario Kart recently, and the control was like, really loose and the graphics sucked and I dunno, it didnt age all that well. Great level design but the presentation is so outdated, and the cheating AI so fucking blatant and horrible, that it kinda saps the fun away. It's really only good for battle mode - oh, battle mode is still fucking killer. But Super Circuit has really good control, updated graphics, AND old-school tracks (albeit without the feather, which blows, but hey...). I pick Super Circuit.

Mario Kart 64 has a lot of great tracks (Bowser Castle is brilliant, Wario Stadium, almost as much, Yoshi Valley, great fun), but some are just pants (Rainbow Road with the fence is boring, the Moo Moo Farm level could've been great but the roads are too wide and its not bumpy enough to be intense). And battle mode's level design is not all that hot.

My vote goes for Super Circuit, followed by MK64, followed by SMK.