Thread: Spike Speigel

1. Spike Speigel

heres a pic I started about three months ago, I was looking at my old sketchbooks the other day and finished it up tonight. Im pretty happy with it, any crit/comments welcome...Ill be inking this shortly.

for those that arent aware this is a character from the anime Cowboy Bebop...

2. After looking Spike with the long long legs,seeing him with these kinda makes him chibi.. (If that's intentional,cool!!)
    The guns look a bit flat,though..
    Damnit!!GEO!!!!!

3. Omigosh, that is DARLING. =D Looks like a teenage Spike!

4. Baby Spike

His legs should be longer though.

5. ^^ Cute and nice movement in the legs.
    For the Spike you have, I don't think the legs are too short, I think that it looks like he's sagging his pants a bit...

6. colored version

thanks for the comments, about the legs, I intentionally didnt make them as long as the original style, I wanted to make it more original so i added my own flavor to the original design.

The guns do look flat, I have trouble with perspective so thats pretty much where I ran into trouble.

And this is my half assed coloring job that I may or may not finish, Im not really in a coloring mood recently, if anybody wants to take a crack at coloring this (for Aprils contest) let me know and ill post the b+w inked verion.

7. Heh, chibi Spike, sort of. Very cool looking pose and I dig the whole feel of the pic. Colors are also nice. This may be youyr best work yet in my eyes! Keep up the good work!