Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cowboy Bebop Knocking on the Heaven Door US dvd cover

1. Well, I still need to pick it up, but I guess I will have to wait, with all the other purchases I made this week(other dvds, GBA player, AW2, wife stuff).

I still refer it as Knockin on Hevens Door since its much cooler name than generic CB the Movie. While its not as good as whole CB series, its better than many of its episodes. It does have few AMAZING action scenes, and fight between Spike and Vincent is still one of the best drawn fight in Anime.

2. Watched it before it came, saw in the theater, and now...

I just want to get paid so I can get the DVD.

And who cares about box art anyway? All three of those look bad (the last two may be pleasing, but wrong in a design sense), and I really don't buy a movie to stare at the cover. For 18 bucks, they could give me the movie wrapped in a napkin and I'd be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

3. Well, Hero, then WHY people whine when GAME Covers get botched during the translation??? How many times we heard that this cover or that cover was better on Japanese version but US cover is total crap? Does it matter to them what cover its got, when the GAME is more important??

Same thing going on here. When I pay my $18-20 for a dvd, I want to have a NICE looking cover, not something totally generic. It was bad enough they droped the name to name it just The Movie, and the cover lackes any kind of imagination.

Thats why I will use my HK cover on US dvd. Sya what you want but that one is very cool.

4. Well, I went to Best Buy to get it. The only way it was available was in a two-pack bundled with Metropolis for $45! I already have Metropolis! Damn you Best Buy!
    I thought you were gay.... i guess not.

5. Are there any extra features on the dvd worth mentioning?

6. Originally posted by Despair
    Well, Hero, then WHY people whine when GAME Covers get botched during the translation??? How many times we heard that this cover or that cover was better on Japanese version but US cover is total crap? Does it matter to them what cover its got, when the GAME is more important??
    But see, I don't complain about game covers either. Heck, I'd kill myself before buying an import just because it has a better cover.

I can see the design elements that make a cover bad, and I can recognize it, but it's just not worth my trouble to NOT buy a movie or game, or import on it, all for the sake of a cover. I'm just not as hardcore as I used to be, I guess.

7. Originally posted by solidus
    Are there any extra features on the dvd worth mentioning?
    Hit up the review Click linked to, I'd help you but I've yet to delve into the extras.
    pwned by Ivan

8. Originally posted by Tragic
    Well, I went to Best Buy to get it. The only way it was available was in a two-pack bundled with Metropolis for $45! I already have Metropolis! Damn you Best Buy!
    Yeah, had this same problem too. Apparently some Best Buys only got small quantities of just the CB Movie and more overstocked with the Metropolis/CB Movie double-packs.

I just took the ad over to the local Wal-Mart and did a price-match on the flick (they had plenty of copies in). Already watched it and it was quite awesome, would post impressions but it's already super-late and don't think I have the strength
    omg TNL epics!

9. Got it; it has the usual extras; storyboards, production art, interviews. Also has music videos for the opening and ending songs.

10. Originally posted by Hero
    But see, I don't complain about game covers either. Heck, I'd kill myself before buying an import just because it has a better cover.

I can see the design elements that make a cover bad, and I can recognize it, but it's just not worth my trouble to NOT buy a movie or game, or import on it, all for the sake of a cover. I'm just not as hardcore as I used to be, I guess.
    I understand you perfectly, and this never bother me, nor it will prevent me from getting US release.