Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Golden Boy Thread

1. Anyone know where to find some Golden Boy artwork? I can't seem to find anything decent...

Oh yea... One more thing that I forgot to ask... Why the HELL was the Ep. 2 girl's [I forget her name] uhh... "goods" censored while running? Was that intentional or is that some kind of cheap US-only deal?

2. Well due to the japanese censorship laws, they couldn't show that, and I think ADV was too lazy to remove it for the US release. So its in both versions, don't worry, I'm sure someone's rendered it "correctly" somewhere on the internet.

Nice sig BTW.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

3. Originally posted by NGEFreek
    Well due to the japanese censorship laws, they couldn't show that, and I think ADV was too lazy to remove it for the US release. So its in both versions, don't worry, I'm sure someone's rendered it "correctly" somewhere on the internet.

Nice sig BTW.
    ??

It's alright for women to be brutally raped by multi-penised demons but we can't see some clean V and A when a girl's running?

!!

Weird..

Thanks. Must spread the GB love.

4. Click, c'mon, its not like there is this big factory in Japan where all the anime is made....

Golden Boy is an OVA, which is like direct to video over here. That means they could get away with alot of stuff, but to get a larger audience they counldn't go so far. Just like here, where everyone has to make pg-13 movies to get everyone to go to it.
    pwned by Ivan

5. Ok... I guess I see what you mean. I never really know how that stuff worked, really.

6. Tentacles were invented to get past censorship laws in Japan (or so I take it) so its "ok" to show that stuff. At the begining of every tape released by "Anime 18" you get a "shot history of anime" in which they explain about the use of pubical hair and whatnot. You can see 99.9% of the penis, you just can't show a full penis/vagina/anything with pubic hair, as far as I know, I'm not fully up to date with the japanese censorship laws. If you wanna see stuff like that, go check out the difference between the Japanese and US Cool Devices, the JPN one is the only one to have gotten censored, since the US has a laxer censorship law when concerning stuff like that.

7. Originally posted by NGEFreek
    Tentacles were invented to get past censorship laws in Japan (or so I take it) so its "ok" to show that stuff. At the begining of every tape released by "Anime 18" you get a "shot history of anime" in which they explain about the use of pubical hair and whatnot. You can see 99.9% of the penis, you just can't show a full penis/vagina/anything with pubic hair, as far as I know, I'm not fully up to date with the japanese censorship laws. If you wanna see stuff like that, go check out the difference between the Japanese and US Cool Devices, the JPN one is the only one to have gotten censored, since the US has a laxer censorship law when concerning stuff like that.

Quite interesting and informative, NGE.

Hmm.. Thanks for the info.

8. Originally posted by NGEFreek
    Tentacles were invented to get past censorship laws in Japan (or so I take it) so its "ok" to show that stuff.

And here I thought they were made just so those horny bastards can fulfill their sick fantasy of covering every orifice...

If you wanna see stuff like that, go check out the difference between the Japanese and US Cool Devices
    Cool Devices might be too fucked up for you, I suggest you check out the US and JP versions of Koihime instead.

EDIT- And keep spreading the GB love man. This show deserves it.

9. You may be right about that orafice thing Freeter.

Oh, and don't take my latest post to heart, its pure opinion with one fact, about the Anime 18 thing.

10. Originally posted by Freeter
    Cool Devices might be too fucked up for you, I suggest you check out the US and JP versions of Koihime instead.

EDIT- And keep spreading the GB love man. This show deserves it.
    God no... Cool Devices is one anime I know I never want to see.

Yes! GB love. I just ordered Vol. 2 from www.bestprices.com for $20 shipped. Freeter - I reccommend the same if you still need it!