Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Golden Boy Thread

1. The Official Golden Boy Thread

Well its finally here and I couldn't be happier, I how different this series is from everything else I've seen. The oddest story and situations with one of the weirdest main characters you'll ever see. Lets not forget to mention the funniest shit I've ever seen in a cartoon, and believe it or not a really good dub. If you've never heard of this series you owe to yourself to pick it up and watch the first eps, if your not convinced by the end of the first one then something is wrong with you. If you've seen or heard of it before then this is where I'd like you to comment on what you think of the show. This officially my first thread at this new forum and I expect to see a few familar faces, new ones are always welcomed though.

D
    PS Lee & Bio, you better show your faces

EDIT: Thanx for pointing out that error.

2. Golden Boy rocks! Episode 5 *drools*

3. Re: The Official Golden Boy Thread

Originally posted by dyomides
    ...and believe it or not a really good sub.
    You mean dub ??

Yeah, I spotted the DVD yesterday at Best Buy. YOINK !!

- Kabuki

4. I've never heard of it!

*ducks to avoid barrage of rotten vegetables*

But it's now on top of my list. Funny - I haven't bought any anime since Gasaraki #8, but as I'm buying a ton of stuff this week (Spriggan, Metropolis, Boogiepop box, SoulTaker) I'll hafta put GB on hiatus for the moment.

I really need to find a place nearby that rents anime.

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

5. i picked this up yesterday on the recommendations. Good show. But i have to say, that dub is horrible. I couldn't stand it for more than a minute. ADV is cheaps bastards for only giving 3 episodes!

-stormy

6. Originally posted by stormy
    i picked this up yesterday on the recommendations. Good show. But i have to say, that dub is horrible. I couldn't stand it for more than a minute. ADV is cheaps bastards for only giving 3 episodes!

-stormy
    The Kintaro dubber overacts, I'll admit. But the dub gets better(wait till you get to episode six).

And ADV giving us 3 episodes per disc...what, would you have preferred 2 episodes and having to buy THREE discs instead?

7. aw come on... Kintaro's dub-actor is so hilariously over-acted... it just adds to the comedy...

well... for me at least...

... i've only seen episodes 1-4... and they were very entertaining... especially the swimming one...

8. Originally posted by FirstBlood
    aw come on... Kintaro's dub-actor is so hilariously over-acted... it just adds to the comedy...

well... for me at least...

... i've only seen episodes 1-4... and they were very entertaining... especially the swimming one...
    Yeah, it does. But he could've toned it down some(especially in episode 3).

I thought the swimming episode was ok, not that great. And you NEED to see the last two episodes. Ep 5 has a load of fanservice and one kickass racing scene, and ep 6 goes all out. Best damn anime ending EVER.

9. I'm finally watching the first DVD tonight. I'm very excited ^_^

I've seen the first episode dubbed on VHS, so I know how much ass the show kicks. The rest of the episodes should be great !!

- Kabuki

10. Absolutely CLASSIC !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Goldenboy is some of the best anime I've ever seen. It's hilarious and overly dramatic, but at times points to having a deeper message behind it all. Kintaro's American voice actor does a fantastic job and gives the show a lot of charm. I can't wait for DVD #2 - its at the top of my want list now.

PLEASE, NO SPOILERS !!!!!

^_^
    - Kabuki