Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 791011

Thread: The Official Golden Boy Thread

1. Lovely... thanks.

Bless this series.

2. I've seen this series a year earlier, and picked up the DVD collection with all 6 eps a few days ago. Has to be one of the best (if not funniest) dubs ever.

Even my wonderful wife loves this series.

lithium Guest
    The only series I've encountered so far where the dub is far better than the original Japanese.

4. Its funny too, because the guy that voiced Kintaro worked on a staff position at ADV and wasn't a regular voice actor, yet he did a fantastic job.

5. Oh wow, a thread devoted to Goldenboy. I love these boards now.

Anyway, I found it amazing that the entire Goldenboy anime is only the first volume of the manga. There's, like...six of them total, and the ending is totally awesome:

SPOILER:

Kintaro finally gets some.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Aku
    SPOILER:

Kintaro finally gets some.
    Didn't he already get some in volume 2? With the bandmates and the school professor and co.?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    Didn't he already get some in volume 2? With the bandmates and the school professor and co.?
    I only checked out the first and the last(my friend David has the whole set from his visit to Japan). All I know is that he got some in the last volume.

8. In volume 2 Kintaro recalls his very first job with a touring all-female rock band and he scores with ALL of them. At the same time.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Freeter
    In volume 2 Kintaro recalls his very first job with a touring all-female rock band and he scores with ALL of them. At the same time.
    Now THAT is gangsta.