Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox Live vol. 2

1. Xbox Live vol. 2

From IGN:

April 29, 2003 - When Xbox Live launched in November, it included two online demos: MotoGP and Whacked!. Six months later, Xbox Live is still standing, but the pack-in games have grown a bit stale. That's why Microsoft is releasing Xbox Live Vol. 2 today.

Live 2 doesn't feature any software upgrades, but does include two new games. A demo of MotoGP is still packed in (with the sequel is set to ship in late May) but the new Live package will include a demo of MechAssault and a complete, online version of Tetris Worlds.

Those who already own Xbox Live can buy full retail versions and want to play Tetris online, will still have their chance, as a full retail version is set to ship in early June.

This takes today's "meh" award. Why a demo of MotoGP 1 when the sequel ships a month before? Mech Assault is old news and Tetris? Umm...no thanks.

Conveniently, no word on pricing. I hope it stays the same.

2. Tetris is good.

Re: Xbox Live vol. 2

Originally posted by Melf
    Conveniently, no word on pricing. I hope it stays the same.
    No way. It will stay the same for new subscribers. People who MS feels are already "hooked" are going to get bent over. Wait and see.

4. Tetris is good, but hardly compelling me to buy a Live package when I could just as easily play it on my Game Boy (if I had one, mind you) for less cost and even on my original Game Boy, for that matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Penny Arcade claims that it'll be 50 for 12 months.

ºTracer
    o_O

6. Re: Re: Xbox Live vol. 2

Originally posted by Yoshi
    No way. It will stay the same for new subscribers. People who MS feels are already "hooked" are going to get bent over. Wait and see.
    i fear this.

Originally posted by Tracer
    Penny Arcade claims that it'll be 50 for 12 months.

ºTracer
    i hope this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

7. guys guys guys, it's Tetris Worlds!!!

does everyone remember how fuckin bad that turned out?

oh, and has anyone heard of all the other shit being updated with xbox live? don't have the service, but it sounded pretty awesome (the upgrades that it).

8. The negativity in any Xbox related thread comes from the same fanboys time and time again.

I guess I should stop being surprised.

9. Tetris Worlds is one of the ugliest puzzle games I've seen, it mocks the 128 bit consoles. That would be fine and dandy if it actually played well but it doesn't. *-neo

10. Originally posted by Master
    The negativity in any Xbox related thread comes from the same fanboys time and time again.

I guess I should stop being surprised.
    Pot.
    Kettle.
    Black.

Play Guitar Hero //