Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Read or Die

1. Read or Die

No, that's not a threat, that's the name of a new secret agent-style anime that Manga's releasing here this month. It's a one volume OAV (containing 3 episodes) and it sounds pretty cool. It also has some great character designs. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Here's check out the review over at animeondvd.com. It's due out on 5/27.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. thats an "eye catcher" title..

maybe ill check it out some time

3. Took Manga long enough to get it out. Of course, same could be said about the Eva movies, but eh....

Great series, just be warned that episode 3 is pretty graphic in one scene.

4. Graphic in what way? Gore or sex? Knowing the Japanese, it's probably both...

I'm glad Manga's releasing this here with all three episodes on one DVD. In Japan, it came on 3 seperate volumes.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Originally posted by Dolemite
    In Japan, it came on 3 seperate volumes.
    And with the DVD prices over there... Whew.

Thanks for the heads-up... I'll have to keep it in mind.

6. Gory sex!

I'll be picking this up over the summer

7. Originally posted by Dolemite
    Graphic in what way? Gore or sex? Knowing the Japanese, it's probably both...
    The song played over the scene is called "Suicide Symphony", so you could probably figure it out from that.

8. Re: Read or Die

Originally posted by Dolemite
    No, that's not a threat, that's the name of a new secret agent-style anime that Manga's releasing here this month. It's a one volume OAV (containing 3 episodes) and it sounds pretty cool. It also has some great character designs. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Here's check out the review over at animeondvd.com. It's due out on 5/27.
    Everyone who likes action Anime, should check this OVA series. Great animation, awesome action scenes, very cool and stylish story. I'll be definately getting US release to replace my old vcds.

9. Bump'd.

Looks like www.dvdplanet.com has the best price [with shipping - $23.47]

I haven't anticipated a release like this in a while... Very anxious to watch this one.

10. Damnit!
    Rayearth and Read or Die means two Manga Entertainment DVDs in one month!
    I'm supposed to hate that company for fucking up the EVA movie dubs