Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Teacher Onizuka

1. Great Teacher Onizuka

I posted a thread on GTO a while ago but no one replied to it. I guess all I have to say is that you need to get this DVD. It is the funniest anime I've seen all year. And from what I hear there are going to be many DVDs in the series. The first disc has 4 eps. The first ep is like an hour long and the rest are about a half hour each. The disc has some good extras and just watch The Faces of Onizuka once before you watch the DVD and you'll be hooked. I swear the faces he makes are funny as hell. It's all good. But there are a few...interesting pics. Well...you'll see. I'd like to hear others opinions on this anime.

Later all...

2. Haven't seen it yet, but plan to. I heard it's 100+ episodes. Is that true?

3. I have seen it and it is by far some of the more disturbing anime I've seen. Oh, and funny :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. GTO Will be coming out in 10 releases.
    Eps will be
    4(w/Double Ep)5-5-5-4-4-4-4-4-4

Vol. 2 - May
    Vol. 3 - June
    VOl. 4 - August
    Vol. 5 - October
    VOl. 6 - December

Later all...

5. Apparently some people haven't seen Ping Pong Club or Super Gag Family. I don't think anything could possibly get more bizarre than those two

But really, I've been interested in seeing this myself. Perhaps I'll check it out sometime...
    omg TNL epics!

6. :3 Saw it by way of Angel of the "old times." I thought it was a nice, kind of feel-good series. Predictable and sometimes a little silly or non-believeable, but it's worth the ride.

7. GTO is great. I've watched the first two DVDs and am looking forward to grabbing the third one hopefully this week.

Episode 6 (the second episode on DVD 2) was very touching.
    I like how the show is a combo of humor, drama, action, and feel-goodness.

Monkey Suit !!!!!
    - Kabuki

8. Well I wouldn't call it disturbing. I've seen stuff truely deserving of that title (then again, I watch a lot of anime...). Ping Pong Club its not. It does have a fair amount of toilet humor, but nothing that excessive. Plus there's actually a plot to speak of. I like kabuki's description, its got a lot of different elements and its just a fun series.

9. Yes people, Onizuka is the man. GTO just freaking rules. I have vol 1-3 DVDs and impatiently await the 4th. It is just too histerical. Its like Goldenboy, except toned down just enough to make it onto TV.

10. Originally posted by Station
    Yes people, Onizuka is the man. GTO just freaking rules. I have vol 1-3 DVDs and impatiently await the 4th. It is just too histerical. Its like Goldenboy, except toned down just enough to make it onto TV.
    Yup. Onizuka resembles Kintaro so much it's scary. Doug Smith would've been perfect for the role.