Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wonder Boy in Monster World - How is it compared to WB in Monster Land?

1. Wonder Boy in Monster World - How is it compared to WB in Monster Land?

Wonder Boy in Monster World - How is it compared to WB in Monster Land? (Both are for the Sega Master System)

I hear lots of prasie of Wonder Boy in Monster Land, but haven't heard much on Wonder Bopy in Monster World, which I believe came out after ML. Also, this game has passwords while ML doesn't so its a HUGE advantage for me.

Anyway, so could you tell me what you think of Monster World and how it compares ot Monster Land? (If you say you like one better than the other, please say WHY and please comment on the graphics, sound, music, gameplay,etc. of Monster World.

Thanks!

2. Wonderboy in Monster World is a great game... on it's native Genesis. The SMS port is not so great. I suggest just finding the Genesis version. Wonderboy III is the best SMS Wonderboy.

Regarding the genesis version: It's a much bigger adventure, great graphics and music, more towns and people to talk to, more secrets to fing. Awesome game.

3. Oh, I almost forgot to plug my Wonderboy thread.

For more on this awesome series check out this thread.

4. Could anybody else help me out here and compare the Sega Master SYstem versions of Monster Land and Wonster World please?

Or at least tell me how Monster World is in the categories I put in my original post? Please?

5. Monster World has better graphics, better music, but it's ultimately not as good because it's a watered down version of a genesis game, with a sword with a 2-pixel range and lots of puzzles and stuff cut out.

Get Monster World on Genesis. Don't question me.

6. Listen to him. He speaks the truth.

7. You know that Tenacious D song Wonder Boy? well they say Nasty Man is Wonder Boys arch rival and nemesis, having never played the series I don't know if this is factual at all... is it?

8. Is Wonderboy in Monster Land = Wonderboy the Dragon's Trap?
    Right, because if anything validates the existance of a handheld piece of shit, it's taking those shitty handheld games and placing them on a screen big enough so that the inherent flaws of the software is visible to all humans. Including Ray Charles.

9. Nope. WBML is a port of the arcade game (great port too) and Dragon's trap is the sequel. The beginning of DT is actually the last labrynth in Monster Land.

10. Yeah, that always confused me as a kid because the character designs look so different.

Anyway, dhowerter and pretty much everyone else should get/play Wonderboy 3: the Dragon's Trap. Screw the SMS port of WBiMW.