Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Preacher

1. Originally posted by Lordmrw
    There are so many great moments from the comics that I'd love to see in the movie but I won't, like God biting Jesse's eye out, the Saint of Killers taking out the US Army, Herr Star forced to wipe a retarded hick's ass for his gun, Herr Star getting fucked by a sex detective, hell, even the Saint of Killer's shooting God between the eyes would be priceless..

Only way some of that would happen would be if it were a series of movies. But that ain't happening.
    Heh. Those are indeed some classic moments, there. Here's some things from the comic I could do WITHOUT seeing in the movie: T.C. fucking the chicken/fish/dog; a closeup of Herr Starr's prosthetic dick; a young, pale, poop-covered Jesse Custer after being in the coffin a week; a man parking his bicycle in another man's ass; and especially not Cass blowing a guy for drugs!

Originally posted by negitoro
    Basically, I can only imagine the movie being from when Jesse gets his power and then 2 hours later the final confrontation occuring. The whole Herr Star would be an enemy I'm sure but to what extent ? Surely all his scenes will be removed to concentrate on Jesse... Bah.

Jesse's history would probably be taken out. The whole Saint of Killers storyline would be taken out beyond what is needed. Arseface might even be cut out since his story doesn't necessarily drive the main story.
    Also, the way the series ended would have to be completely changed Cass and Jesse fighting, Herr Starr having Jesse shot, freeing Genesis so that God would feel safe enough to go back to Heaven where the Saint was waiting for him, since it would require way too much backstory to set up.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Unfortunately, if we got the whole story in, we'd end up with an NC17 film. Esp all these deviant sex scenes...

3. Dolemite, I thought you meant Jason Presly, that guy from 90210.

Whoever makes this film will have their hands full. Comic books are more than just superhero angst dramas, and I'm glad that some of the more serious stuff is being taken on. Hell, one good thing about a comic book movie boom could be that eventually after all is said and done someone will make just one classic. From Hell was awefull, so that leaves Watchmen, Batman Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, Marvels, Kingdom Come and so on.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Originally posted by Green
    Dolemite, I thought you meant Jason Presly, that guy from 90210.
    Hell, NO! I meant the guy that was in Lost Boys, Speed 2 and the recent Narc.

From Hell was awefull, so that leaves Watchmen, Batman Year One, The Dark Knight Returns, Marvels, Kingdom Come and so on.
    The upcoming The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie looks great.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Originally posted by Dolemite
    Hell, NO! I meant the guy that was in Lost Boys, Speed 2 and the recent Narc.

The upcoming The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie looks great.
    That trailer left me mostly unimpressed. What I'm talking about is a great film to rivale The Godfather or Seven Samurai, a true classic. If you put Watchmen up on the screen exactly as it is in the comic then you'd have done it. You have to be kidding yourself if you think the League movie will be anything more at best than a fun popcorn movie like Norris's last film- Blade.
    pwned by Ivan

6. Blade was awesome, but I get your meaning. I just meant that League looked good, not that it looked like Citizen Kane or anything.

And I've never read Watchmen...good book, I take it?

7. Go. Now. Read it!
    pwned by Ivan

8. While your getting Watchmen you should also look into picking up V for Vendetta, if you haven't read it that is. As for the Preacher movie I'd rather not think about it.

9. V for Vendetta is one of those ALan Moore projects that I acknowledge as being better than most, but just wasn't for me. Sometimes alot of his stuff is too damn weird and out there for me to like. I prefer Top Ten to V for Vendetta. That would make an awesome TV series.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

10. New info about Preacher. How about an AMC TV series instead of a Movie?

http://screenrant.com/preacher-amc-tv-show/

Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg of This is the End are connected to the project.

ps: Thx Chux
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.