Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preacher

1. I think the way they're introducing Saint of Killers via his backstory first will work pretty well. People who haven't read the comics will be confused but when it all ties together and he shows up in modern day it will be fantastic.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

2. Quote Originally Posted by sleeve View Post
    I like this adaptation. It's got the courage to go its own way when it needs to while retaining what made the comics so memorable. It doesn't need to be, and IMO should not be, a beat-for-beat adaptation.

They've already introduced the Saint of Killers in episode 2. You guys realize that half the shit in this show makes no sense to someone who hasn't read the comics, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have no idea who Saint of Killers in and I followed everything (so far) that's been going on. There is a lot of mystery (what is Jesse possessed by, who was that killer cowboy at the beginning of this episode?) but it's all good. 2 episodes In and I want more. The one thing I can already see this trending towards is an existential abandonment by God and the themes that come with it (Supernatural also did this — I assume some of that show is based off of this one).

Should be interesting. Cassidy killing those two guys with a chainsaw was amazing. I usually don't like things that are simply violent as a statement but this walked the line (they were trying to kill his friend). Neat stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Anyone still watching this? It's been kind of a slow burn but the last Ep finally has some shit going down and it was great.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Yeah, last episode was great. I like the show a lot despite the pacing.

5. I'm enjoying it. One thing I noticed was that a lot of these themes have already been used in many other shows (especially pertaining to the idea of god). God abandoning us, being a child, needing worship, being petty, etc, etc. It's still pretty entertaining regardless because Jesse's power generally leads to interesting situations.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I still like the show, but oh god the pacing. Most first seasons of shows are similar, it can be a bit grueling, but I still have hope it will pick up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

7. I have no idea what the scenes with the cowboy guy in them are for. That may be the best part — seeing how it connects. Better Call Saul was also pretty slow and takes its time getting places. I'm not sure this show is as conducive to that pace though.

8. I'm expecting that should come together at the end of this season.

Also I expect this first season to be slow but once it actually gets rolling on the great road trip it isn't slowing down anymore.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. It's been renewed for a second season, probably because there's not much else on AMC that draws any ratings besides Walking Dead. Hopefully it'll finally start going somewhere.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Better Call Saul gets pretty good ratings (and is awesome IMO). I really like TURN as well, but it's not doing well.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 05 Jul 2016 at 03:15 PM.