Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Preacher

1. I (as you all know) love BCS, so I'm perfectly okay with letting Preacher take its sweet time. It's solid underneath some of the mishmash.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

2. I'm really enjoying Preacher after the last two episodes, but I'm thinking that broken-arm guy is having a more interesting hero's journey than Jesse at the moment. He's a douche, sure, but he and his wife have an interestingly screwed up relationship and all of a sudden he's stuck with the awareness that Jesse is screwing with the town. I'm kind of rooting for him to take Jesse down, despite knowing that's not happening.

3. I'm still not huge on what they did with Tulip making her much bleaker than she was in the comic but I am still quite enjoying it.

And oh man once The Grail gets going...
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. I'm worried this show won't last. It's terrific, but episodes like this last one don't seem to patch much of a punch. It had a big Genesis moment w the angels, a neat shootout and all of that and still managed to be kind of dull and bleak.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. Finding out why Jackie Earl Hailey lost is faith was a pretty good punch.

6. Weird to open with it.

I really like this show though. It's just I'm worried no one else is getting hooked on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. It's already been renewed for season 2 so it should be fine
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Its not my fave show. but its up there with the stuff i watch. really liking where its going. im a fan of universes where religion is tangible and not just faith. so im really interested to see where it goes from here. i havn't read too much of teh comic, i know i should though. doesnt Cassidy get his head cut off at some point?

9. Yeah, but they just sewed it back on.

10. Well, the first season as a whole didn't blow me away but it got us to the start of the road trip and all the crazy shit to come, and doing the Odin Quincannon thing now means we will be skipping a major lull in the comics so that should be good. I'm excited for the good shit that's nearing like The Grail