Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Metropolis... Let's just make it official.

1. Metropolis... Let's just make it official.

Well, I'm a lucky bastard and got this today. (I love how the GameStop in my mall has no clue about release dates...).

I'm going to be off to watch it now, but post all relevant information in this thread.

BTW - The packaging is insane, you'll see...
    Boo, Hiss.

2. Well, I havent seen it yet. I wonder if I will like it. I'm looking forward to your impressions.

3. Everyone is talking about this, yet I have no idea what it's about.
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

4. incredibly, wonderful, beautiful, phenomonal film. music is simply marvelous and the story is very, very top notch. i'm going to go out on a whim here and say that everyone will probably fall in love with this movie. i know i did.

phoenix - how much was it going for at gamestop ? if the price is nice, i'll run down there and take a look tomorrow.

5. That would be $21.99
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Best Buy has got some kind of 2 disc set of Metropolis for $24.99.

I think I'm going to pick that up. Can you give me a brief synopsis of the movie? Just generally what it's about?
    -Mullet Jockey-
    Check out my site!
    Eat. Sleep. Music.

7. here's the official site for Metropolis:

Metropolis - official site

couldn't think up a good quick synopsis of the movie. :/

Best Buy is selling it for $25, the Wiz has it for $20, and going by the online store, Circuit City has it for $17 (dunno if it applies in-store).

8. Bloody hell, ordered it with Evangelion Collection and The Vanishing Criterion Collection and NONE of them have arrived yet. I swear I'd better get at least Metropolis this week from GroovieMovies.com or I will be pissed...
    omg TNL epics!

9. Saw it at the theatre last Saturday... I suppose the one word I'd use to describe it is "bewitching". The mix of modern age CGI, '60s era Tezuka characters, and 1920s sountrack and scene transitions really blend nicely.

10. if you have a Circuit City near by, they have it on sale this week for $16.99
    just an FYI

it rocked seeing the movie at the theater, and it made me want to own the DVD even more!

later