Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sega not going with Sammy...

1. Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Barton
    i think it has to do with Microsoft needing any talent they can get.

i don't want to get another thread started were we compare all of their games from certain genres, but yeah, Sega might have done them first, and i give them credit for that, but Namco does them so much better, and that's what i care about.
    HAHAHAHA.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
    MS just wants the talent. They'll dump the Sega name for sure. If EA can become the number one publisher with that kinda talent, MS can dominate with Sega level talent and MS marketing/research. They just have to force Sega into making games with guns and violence.
    Because MS forced Bungie to abandon their name... and considering Blinx and Tao Feng, I don't see MS becoming like EA any time soon.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. Quote Originally Posted by Ammadeau
    Because MS forced Bungie to abandon their name... and considering Blinx and Tao Feng, I don't see MS becoming like EA any time soon.
    Yup but they'll try to be EA.Follow the most succesful model of course. Bungie got to keep their name because no one heard of it before. When it comes to Sega, even Sega was about to not use the Sega name when making the DC.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Captain Canuck
    Yup but they'll try to be EA.Follow the most succesful model of course. Bungie got to keep their name because no one heard of it before. When it comes to Sega, even Sega was about to not use the Sega name when making the DC.
    This was when their teams were seperated to operate independently correct?

5. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    This was when their teams were seperated to operate independently correct?
    I can't really remember it all that clearly but Sega said something about wanting to make the name Dreamcast their brand. Supposedly Sega wasn't going to put the Sega name on the system.Just the swirl and Dreamcast.