Thread: MUSA - New Awesome Korean film

1. MUSA - New Awesome Korean film

Well, I'm back with another review of exciting cinema of Korea

Check out this review from KFC site and also read my own impressions of the film

http://www.kfccinema.com/reviews/swo...musa/musa.html

So, What did I thought about Musa??? It kicked ass

The movie was awesome. Eventhough my vcd, didnt have English subs, it didnt stopped me from enjoying this film. I new the basic storyline, and was following this film since early last year, and I was really excited to see it finally come to dvd few weeks ago. Its quite a long film, it runs for about of 160 or so minutes, but none of which are boring. I really liked majority of characters, especially old archer, and spear fighter, who were just great in both in action scenes and character moments. Sets and costumes were excellent as well, and battle scenes are deserve an extra mentioning. There are bloody, brutal and exciting. There are no great HK style long duels here, action is fast and chaotic, which is more truer to the way real battles are. This film needs to be watched for battle scenes alone.

I thought it was one of the better films I seen in a while, definately something that worth checking out. There is 2 disk special edition is available, with great quality picture, and lots of extras.

I really reccomend this film to all the lovers of Asian cinema.

2. It doesn't look like a martial arts film which is a bummer but I might go ahead and checked it out. I think the only other Korean film I have seen is Bichunmoo.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

3. ...

I really want to get this film. Yesasia is calling it "Warrior," but the only DVD I have seen for sale is region 3. Any film with Zhang Ziyi is good enough for me, add to that action and a good story. Anyone find a non-region specific DVD?
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. Well, Its not really a martial arts film like Drunken Master for example. Its a war movie simular to Braveheart, but much better, with excellent fights, lots of blood and much cooler characters.

Zhang Ziyi is playing a Chinese princes, and dont have any action in the film, so its mostly character role. She is still good, and looks great

Unfortunately its only released on SP Editions Korean dvd which is Region 3 coded. There are Region 0 bootlegs on Ebay, but I dont know hows the quality of those are. Maybe HK dvd of it will come out soon, but I'm sure it will be Region 3 as well.

Damn, I need that Region Free dvd player NOW!!!