Page 1 of 32 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Demo Disc

1. Demo Disc

May 07, 2003 - IGNcube for weeks has brought readers news on a Nintendo announced GameCube preview disc, which would feature playable demos of such anticipated games as Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg and Viewtiful Joe. Nintendo previously announced that the disc would be included free with specially purchased GameCubes, and that it would be available sometime in May.
    Various online retailer sites, though, are beginning to fill in more of the picture. It seems that the preview disc will ship on May 19 and -- gasp -- be available to purchase, too. The listing price is $9.99. This puts the demo disc right on par with similar preview discs from Sony and Microsoft for their respective consoles.

IGNcube will have more on the disc later this month. Stay tuned.
    charging for a demo disc? what the fuck is that all about? that's retarded. $10?! no less.

that's so the wrong way to go about doing demo disc. who started this trend? god that's annoying.

that sad thing is that if i enjoy the games a lot at E3, i'll end up buying the thing.

2. nintendo might give away some at e3?

3. Re: Demo Disc

Originally posted by Lucas Barton

that's so the wrong way to go about doing demo disc. who started this trend? god that's annoying.
    - DC Magazine
    - Xbox Magazine
    - PS2 Magazine
    - Jampack
    - Exhibition Disc

Yes, it does suck.

4. who fucking cares about the price, Viewtiful Joe is on that!!!!

5. Originally posted by Shinobi128
    nintendo might give away some at e3?
    maybe as extras to people that win contest of some sort. maybe they'll give away preview DVDs like at CubeClubs and stuff.

6. well, I don't like the whole "having to pay for a demo disk" thing......but if i manage to grab one at e3, or something of the like, i'll deal.

Viewtiful Joe.....so...very..hard to resist....
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Sony has their JamPacks. Microsoft has their Exibitions. Nintendo would be crazy to not follow suit.

8. $10 is a small price to pay in order to play Viewtiful Joe.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. Originally posted by Box Drink
    who fucking cares about the price, Viewtiful Joe is on that!!!!
    sadly i'll being paying the $10 for VJ, even though i'll be importing it 3 weeks later...

10. all i have to say is viewtiful joe
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.