Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Capcom Comics anyone?

1. Capcom Comics anyone?

From Newsarama:
    Dreamwave Productions has teamed with Capcom to bring video games’ most exciting characters to life, in the all-new Capcom comics line. Launching in September, there’s something for everyone as fans can look forward to the tales and adventures of Mega Man, Devil May Cry, Maximo, Darkstalkers, and Rival Schools!
    Dreamwave has tapped only the best talent for the new line. Be prepared for action-packed stories with writers Brian Augustyn, Beau Smith, and Brad Mick. And on the art side you can expect only the best from Dreamwave’s bullpen. Dreamwave’s top artists like Pat Lee and Lou Kang are joined by newcomers Alan Wang, Doe, and Skottie Young; as well as Asian sensations like Korea’s Hyung-Tae Kim and Hong Kong’s Michael Fong!

The all-new Capcom line kicks of this September with Mega Man #1. The legendary video game superstar gets his own series just in time for his highly touted fifteenth anniversary. Bringing you the adventures of the diminutive blue hero are writer Brian Augustyn (Crimson, Out There) and sensational Hong Kong artist Michael Fong! This action-packed series promises thrills, chills, and excitement for fans of all ages, and joins this year’s Mega Man multimedia blitz with an all-new Mega Man animated series, new toy lines, and a slew of new games!

The games begin in September, so hold onto your joysticks!
    Images can be found at:
    http://www.dreamwaveprod.ca/!newsite...characters.htm

[thumbnail]http://www.newsarama.com/dreamwave/dmc.jpg[/thumbnail]
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

2. Wow... DMC and Darkstalkers look really nice! MegaMan's a little "eh," but if they can turn out a digi-painted Devil May Cry comic with consistant quality, I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. WOW. DMC looks great. Very cool rendetion of Dante and Trish. I will definately check those out.

4. Heeeyyyy....not bad at all! DMC, Darkstalkers, Megaman and Project Justice comics? I'm so there! I hope the regular art quality is consistant with the pics they posted on their site...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I'll definately have to check out Darkstalkers, I can't wait to see Jon Talbain in those

6. Nice. The DMC pics. look great, I'll be keeping an eye out for them. T

here was a Resident Evil comic that came out a few years ago, was that made by the same people? It looked pretty cool and carried on with Barry Burton's adventures after the first RE.

7. The Resident Evil comics were done by Wildstorm/DC Comics. I read the first one and most of Code Veronica. Code Veronica wasn't very good, but that first one is worth the money. I think they released 1 or 2 trades collecting the RE stuff.
    www.classic-games.net updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Originally posted by Werewolf
    I'll definately have to check out Darkstalkers, I can't wait to see Jon Talbain in those
    You are SUCH a Talbain whore. That is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

9. Other than the midget they're trying to pass of as Maximo, it all looks pretty damn good. Lesse how it turns out...

10. Originally posted by Werewolf
    I'll definately have to check out Darkstalkers, I can't wait to see Jon Talbain in those
    from the Dreamwave Productions site
    Due to copyright issues and the fact that he is the least popular Darkstalkers character, Jon Talbain will not be appearing in the comic.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww