Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scryed - Initial thoughts after watching first few episodes

1. Scryed - Initial thoughts after watching first few episodes

Well, Welcome to another of my little review threads

As I mentioned in other threads, I recently recevied the shipment of some of the newer Anime series, and I've been posting my impressions of them here.

So, Yesterday, I was able to catch first 2 episodes of Scryed, new action anime. Following are some of my thoughts:

The Story is interesting, dealing with Alters, people with special powers that appeared after the huge cataclism hit one region of Japan, 20 years ago. HOLD is a special unit that has Alter users, that go after the natives, who use their own powers for destructive purposes.

Animation is very good, but what can you expect from the house of Bebop Character designs and action scenes are cool. I liked the main hero Kazua(sp?), and his opponent from HOLD. I need to watch more episodes to understand more of the story, but I liked what I seen so far. This series is still airing in Japan, but very close to end. I was licenced to come to US sometime either this year, or next, and right now only available on fan subs, or Ebay

If you interested in checking it out, look arounf for either downloads, or Ebay sales for it.

Let's put it this way Dispair. You've just watched the worst part of the series. It's almost none stop from the first two or three episodes. This series should not be judged till episode four. It's very good. If I don't hear an announcement about licencing before I graduate I'm going to import the official copies from Japan. The creators did a good job and I have to award them. I've seen through episode 17 I think before I quit watching FanSubs outside AnimeClub.

Oh yeah. How did you like the way the intro. changes. It will do that more as the series goes on. Also the main characters name is Kazama or Kazuma I think.
    Taking it one day at a time.

3. OMG this is my favorite anime of all time, it grows on you more and more as you procede through, Im currently on episode 20 and its so good, Scryed is the best anime if you watch more from it.

And his name:

The Sell Bullet Kazuma.

Yes! Another Scryed fan. I know what you mean. The story gets better and better with each episodes and I just love the suttle changes in the intro. throughout the series. The was one site that had posted that they had the intro. and ending from the final episode. Alas, when I got there the links were dead.

5. Well, I knew that Brotherman will post about his love for this show I'm looking forward watching more episodes of it. I liked first 2, so this series has my interest now.

6. I just picked up the LE Box (containing a kick-ass Pendant, 4 plasic "trading cards" and a poster, + Vol. 1) on a whim and must say, this beats out The Big-O as my favorite anime series of all time.

I've only watched up to episode five, and have to wait 'til September for Vol. 2 *shakes fist*, but man, oh man! This is an excellent series. The character history and development has been non-stop since the opening of episode one, and the Alter powers keep getting cooler and cooler, the best being, of course, Cell Bullet Kazuma.

I'm hoping there'll be some kind of video game to come out of this, as I'd import it in a heartbeat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

How is the dub. I haven't gotten it yet, but when I saw most of the episodes a while back, I actually couldn't think of an english voice for some of the characters.

Also, how do you like the way that they make the changes to the intro. I thought that was a really nice touch.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Brotherman
    How is the dub. I haven't gotten it yet, but when I saw most of the episodes a while back, I actually couldn't think of an english voice for some of the characters.
    Well, I prefer dubed anime, so I've no basis for comparison, however, I can say that I like it a lot. It's very fluid, and emotion, inflection, and implication are all done to a "T."

One of the best I've ever heard.

Also, how do you like the way that they make the changes to the intro. I thought that was a really nice touch.
    It caught me off guard at first, but I love it. Gives me a reason to watch the cool intro each episode.

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! You were one of my most favorite running mates a while back. What happened to you? You just disappeared from Gaming Discussion all together.

P.S. Here's the official site, for those of us not "in the know"...Werewolf.

s-CRY-ed
    There is wisdom beyond your years in these consonants and vowels I write. Study them and prosper.

9. I know... just not this

I'll have to check it out, sounds pretty good thanks Captain Veggies

10. I was talking about "just this," Werewolf. Lord knows, anyone on the face of the planet knows more about anime than I do. I wasn't for a second stating you're not "in the know" about anime in general, as I, myself, fall into that category, and know for a fact you know much more than myself.

No problem. Get the LE if you can find it. There are some damned nice extras in there. The Pendant is the best one. Reminds me of the Lunar 2 Omake box's pendant...but cooler.

Here's a picture of the set. The pendant can be seen in the lower left-hand corner: