Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .hack//Mutation(part2)

1. yes, i have.

it gets tedious toward the end, imo. the whole fetch quest thing with wiseman was a bit much.

2. I haven't even finished the first one yet...I'll probably just wait for this one to drop in price before I buy it...maybe then I'll finish the first one.

3. Originally posted by ferricide
    it gets tedious toward the end, imo. the whole fetch quest thing with wiseman was a bit much.
    I beat it last night. I wasn't annoyed with the fetch quest (it was definitely not on as large a scale as the triforce shards in Zelda Wind Waker) as with the 1000-HP hits by the final boss. That was way too cruel. I hit my only 2 'game overs' of the game just because of the cheapness of it. The levels start to plateau at 50, so I guess it was meant to be that way. I had to resort to using a gameshark (9999hp/999sp) to stay alive. dumb. I liked the game up until that point, too.

4. Originally posted by RedCoKid
    I beat it last night. I wasn't annoyed with the fetch quest (it was definitely not on as large a scale as the triforce shards in Zelda Wind Waker) as with the 1000-HP hits by the final boss. That was way too cruel. I hit my only 2 'game overs' of the game just because of the cheapness of it. The levels start to plateau at 50, so I guess it was meant to be that way. I had to resort to using a gameshark (9999hp/999sp) to stay alive. dumb. I liked the game up until that point, too.
    Your character is gonna stay with that 9999 now, I foolishly did that in the first game, but I didnt want to screw up the other 3 games so I redid it.

5. Originally posted by Chux
    Your character is gonna stay with that 9999 now, I foolishly did that in the first game, but I didnt want to screw up the other 3 games so I redid it.
    I know, I might edit the code to get it back to ~1200HP/200SP... On the other hand, it might come in handy if any bosses deal out more cheap 1-hit-death hits in volumes 3-4.

1 stylistic thing they should change for 3&4: no monologues or 3rd-person references! After all, I am supposed to be the character, not someone else who is telling me the story. Also, it doesn't make sense that the game asks for my real name if only the user name is included in the story.