Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any info. on the Flip Top for ps2?

1. Any info. on the Flip Top for ps2?

Bbobb touched on this a bit in the NCSX topic, but suggested it would be better to make a thread for it. So here it is, with a couple of questions for anyone who has one, or knows a good bit about it.

I've heard it's not 100% compatible with all games? Anyone know which ones it dosen't work with?

How reliable is it as a whole? I really can't afford 300 or so dollars for an import ps2, and the 50 dollar Flip Top looks mighty nice.

I'm just wondering if it's really the godsend to playing imports like I've heard. I don't want to buy one, install it, and have it be a piece of shit.

Any info would be appreciated, because I'd love more than anything to be able to play Firepro Wrestling Z and R-Type Final.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. It's a gamble. It seems to play about 90% of PS2 imports just fine, but if a game you want that hasn't come out yet (and therefore hasn't been tested with it) there's a 10% that you'll end up screwed.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

3. There is a new program you use in conjuction with the swap magic disks called CDLoader. It allows you to boot up all games fine now aparantely.

4. All I can add is that I have heard mainly very good things about the flip top.

I am strongly considering getting one once the Sega 3D Ages games come out in Japan, since I am skeptical of a NA release for them.....

5. can some one post pictures of the thing please?

6. Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    can some one post pictures of the thing please?

7. www.ps2case.com has pleny of pics and info on it. I'm thinking about getting one for the upcoming Firepro game, and for the King of Colloseum games.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

8. that's pretty rough.

i dunno, i think im gonna wait for another import solution. i can always play Dodonpachi at Chojins.

9. Lucas, actually, if you look at the install guide, it does seem very easy. It's just a matter of replacing one case with another.

The actual method of booting the import is almost identical to the bootdisks used with the Dreamcast.

I'm waiting until Firepro Z and R-Type Final comes out, to see if the Flip Top works with both of them, then I'll be in ps2 import heaven. I really don't see a better solution down the line, since mod chips become obsolete and a japanese ps2 is costly.

I just wanted some confirmation this thing was as good as they say, because I'm definately missing Spike's wrestling games, and the Super Robot Wars series.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

10. I definetly want to get a fliptop mod for DDP, Initial D and Metal Slug 3. Mmm....Sexiness.

There is a new program you use in conjuction with the swap magic disks called CDLoader. It allows you to boot up all games fine now aparantely.
    Tell me more! =O
    Play Guitar Hero //