Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: kill.switch

1. Games_are_fun have some pics up. I lost my marginal interest... it's just not my bag, err, I like the title though..

2. Originally posted by Kidnemo
    Not overly impressive imho.

Sounds like something Despair will eat up though.
    Hah!

You're right, of course.

Thanks to crappy .hack, are we gonna get an influx of games hopping on the stupid "all lower-cased names with a period in them" bandwagon? If we are, then everybody involved in the .hack naming process deserves death.

3. God I hate IGN. Before I even get to the 1/8 of the article I get a nice giant pot leaf in the face, and then the actual text is crammed in the middle of the page mobbed by ads. That site makes me sick.

4. Originally posted by Santini
    Just curious, but why the anti-Hometek stance?
    because Dead To Rights sucked ass.

anyways, just saw some movies of this, and i see some potential. i look forward to playing it next week.

5. Originally posted by Lucas Barton
    because Dead To Rights sucked ass.

anyways, just saw some movies of this, and i see some potential. i look forward to playing it next week.
    Ah.

Now I know where your anger stems from in all those Namco threads.

In IGN's preview, it's stated that kill.switch is developed by a "newly created team (different from the DTR crew)".

And, like you had mentioned and something Andy also said...

Originally posted by Andy
    Well, dl the videos, that pretty much explains it better than whatever IGN has to say
    ...I agree. The videos are definitely worth looking at to get an idea of how the game plays.

I still don't quite get why IGN mentions John Woo and Max Payne in the kill.switch preview, as the first thing that comes to my mind with those two specific references is slow-mo diving with dual pistols. As far as I know, that's not at all in the game and that sort of analogy can misrepresent what it actually is. Maybe the preview writer had DTR on the tip of his tongue or something when he put the piece together.

Given your ire with that title, I can see how that type of impression or slight mention just might set some people off in a bad way.

6. I'm looking forward to this one. The offensive cover system looks interesting and could kick ass if properly implemented. Watching the videos almost felt like a 3rd person Time Crisis.

7. Looks very good. I love the sound of the cover system and the intelligent, but human AI. This might be great...
    Freedom is a road seldom travelled by the multitude...