Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Dawn Characters (11th pic -ROMZI and NAIA)

1. Hybrid Dawn Characters (11th pic -ROMZI and NAIA)

I'm starting to get some colored work done on these pics, so I figure I'd post some here for some feedback, and then just update this thread when I get as finish the rest of the pieces.

Anyway, this is Vessa. The backgrounds won't be solid, but I haven't gotten to those yet.

2. damn dude. can we PAY you to draw for us at TNL? negotiate...cookies? games?

oh and please post more!!!!

in fact, I have a request.

3. Is this a talent you developed, or could I cut off your hand, use it, and draw as well as you.

4. Actually, I'm using someone else's cut-off hand right now as it is, so I suppose I could just loan it to you sometime.

5. I like it! (reminds me quite a bit of pre-x-men Rouge.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. I like it, but the forearm seems bigger than the upper arm. Is that normal? The drapery and plump form is extremely well done, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I want to say first that I really really like it and the comments that follow are not meant to be taken negatively.

It's hard to see on this crappy work monitor, but her mouth looks huge. I know she's shouting and all, but it looks like %25 larger than it should be or something. By contrast, her fingers look really thin, especially considering the perspective.

Also, is there any reason why she's wearing Doc Dooms cast-offs? I think one extra color on the body suit for lining and such would help bring it out much better. Right now I can't help thinking she's battling the Fantastic Four.

The shadows are incredible, but I'm sure you knew that already.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. Her mouth looks like the appropriate size for her head.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

9. Originally posted by Ammadeau
    It's hard to see on this crappy work monitor, but her mouth looks huge. I know she's shouting and all, but it looks like %25 larger than it should be or something. By contrast, her fingers look really thin, especially considering the perspective.

Also, is there any reason why she's wearing Doc Dooms cast-offs? I think one extra color on the body suit for lining and such would help bring it out much better. Right now I can't help thinking she's battling the Fantastic Four.
    Well, in her reference drawings, most the characters have fairly large "western" mouths...so, when they're shouting, they do look sort-of large. Now that you mention it, it may look a tad large, but, I think it works.

As for the Doc Doom comments, I hadn't thought of that...in her reference drawings, she is typically fully covered by her cloak, and only her hands and feet stick out when she's doing stuff, or maybe it'll blow black when she's doing something exciting (like in the "action pose" pic)...normally you can only see her nose and mouth since the hood casts a heavy shadow, and extremeties when they poke through the cloak.

I should probably post the storyline and full character bios as well, because it makes a bit more sense why characters are dressed or look a certain way, but I figured I'd wait till more images are uploaded.

10. Originally posted by Ammadeau
    It's hard to see on this crappy work monitor, but her mouth looks huge. I know she's shouting and all, but it looks like %25 larger than it should be or something.
    It looks appropriate to me, in a sort of Joe Maduriera (sp?) fashion. It maight just be me, but do those thighs look massive to anyone else? I really like it though, FF.