Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Revolutionary Girl Utena coming to the USA...

1. More Revolutionary Girl Utena coming to the USA...

From www.animeondvd.com

"Revolutionary Girl Utena:Black Rose Collection (14-17) $29.99 12/3/2002"

Good news for fans of the series. Now I just have to catch up this summer by getting the two already released DVDs and the movie ^_^
    - Kabuki

2. Why ppl like that anime??? I watch the movie and was bad as hell

3. Umm, could it be that people have different tastes than you?

Actually, the series is very different from the movie because the director wanted to do something different rather than do the same thing he had been doing for the entire TV series.

This is also pretty old news. Very old news considering I saw the entire series fansubbed before even the first DVD came out... which was so very long ago.

I about a year behind Japan in my anime viewing. The sad thing is the US is a year or two behind that. -_-
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

4. Umm, could it be that people have different tastes than you?
    duh!!

I know that, I was asking why ppl like it, is because the story, character designs etc!!

5. More info:

"Utena-
    We have the next 13 eps (14-26) which includes the entire Black Rose arc and two eps from the next arc. We do not have the last 13 eps- yet. But we are working on it. Anyway, eps 14-26 will be released in a 4/3/3/3 format with the first volume coming out in early December (12/3 I think?) The other three will come out in early 2003."

- Kabuki

6. yeah, what Aurora said. I also like it because while its a girly (shojo, or is that shoujo?) show, the art, characters, and plot lift it above being just another sailormoonish series. Its sorta like how Evangelion is not just another mech show. It deals with much deeper issues than a normal anime series.

7. They're releasing the second block of 13 eps on 4 discs when the first block of 13 eps came on 2 discs? O_o
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

8. Originally posted by Ammadeau
    They're releasing the second block of 13 eps on 4 discs when the first block of 13 eps came on 2 discs? O_o
    Well.. yeah. This stuff is expensive. Why do ya think it took so long to get the 2nd 13? Enoki (the rights "broker" who sublicensed it to CPM) raised the price on CPM after Utena took off over here. Besides, 3-4 eps is prime for a DVD. Higher bitrate and all that.

9. Well, its about bloody time the last 2/3 of the series is getting officially released over here. Man, I was seriously digging the anime when I first watched it over 2 years ago, and was ticked it left me hanging so. Nice to see that after 3 FREAKING YEARS I'll finally get to check out the remainder of the series, yeesh!

Well, I suppose better late than never and should just be thankful for that in and of itself
    omg TNL epics!

10. Originally posted by Lhadatt
    Well.. yeah. This stuff is expensive. Why do ya think it took so long to get the 2nd 13? Enoki (the rights "broker" who sublicensed it to CPM) raised the price on CPM after Utena took off over here. Besides, 3-4 eps is prime for a DVD. Higher bitrate and all that.
    I dunno. When I was talking to CPM a loooong time ago, they made it sound to me like they already had the second set of episodes, and just didn't know what to do with them (as the story starts getting weirder from there). Maybe I was told incorrectly, or maybe they had to re-negotiate the contract or something.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.