Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Matrix Online

1. The Matrix Online

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/matri...tle/media.html

For those that don't have GSC, basically, the game looks REALLY good. It's being made by an excellent developer (Monolith Productions, makers of No One Lives Forever series, Blood series, Aliens vs. Predator 2), and the game looks just like what GTA online could've been, but in the Matrix world (literally ). Tons of cars and people liter the streets, and supposedly (I say that because it sounds almost impossible) every single building and every single room is modelled and furnished and whatnot. The fighting looks quite good (just like Enter the Matrix), and you're apparently able to become as powerful as you can imagine (however that will work I don't know).

The whole premise of the game offers something that could really be amazing imo, if they can do this right it could easily be one of the biggest and best games in a long ass time.

2. Sounds hot, downloading this interview now... hope it's got some gameplay footage in here.

3. Tons of gameplay
    Buy Yakuza and Oblivion. Help yourself, help TNL.

4. After viewing it, a couple of comments...

The interview is pretty much a big spoiler for the upcoming movies, which is unforunate. Combat in the game looks decent, but the rest of it looks early to me. Graphics (at this point) look a bit worse than Enter the Matrix, which is fine I suppose considering this will have thousands of players onscreen at once. Other than dodging bullets and punching/kicking people, I don't see much else to do. But it's early, there's probably a lot more to it than what's shown

I'd imagine a project this big is a ways off so I can't say much more than that. Hope it turns out good.

5. Monolith, eh?

I can't see them making an excellent game that isn't an FPS, but I'm sure that this'll be good.

6. I am teh excited.

7. its a good consept. ill get it

8. The Matrix is perhaps the most PERFECT fit for a MMORPG. It seems that this genera is beginning to get interesting.

Heres hoping that this genera also begins to lose its stigma of "lonely, friend-less nerds only".

9. I hope you can't be Neo, that would be too boring when everyone macros to be a Neo in 20 days after release!

10. Check out this video:

http://www.gamershell.com/download_i...48587834865.94

I'm still not sure about this one, I don't like how the combat is going to be set up.